Well it appears I haven't updated in a long time. Since then we have been trying to get pregnant, and I've continued my running. Ran my 13th year of the CRIM in 1:32:02! yay! And Ryan continues to golf of course.
So we have done the temparature charting, ovulation testing (opk's), and I've had the bloodwork and the HSG done (http://www.webmd.com/infertility-and-reproduction/guide/hysterosalpingogram-21590). I have slightly low progesterone and have been taking 200 mg of that vaginally every day. I also was diagnosed with subclinical hypothyroidism (http://www.subclinicalhypothyroidism.com/.) The HSG was very painful by the way! Ryan came with me and held my hand while I cried. Also Ryan has had his semen analysis done. So we are coming up to 13 cycles now of TTC, it will be 1 full year in September 2011.. Who ever thought having a baby would be as easy as stopping birth control? I feel like family is constantly wondering if we are having children, even if they never say anything. It breaks my heart we haven't been able to conceive yet. But it is also possible I have endometriosis (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Endometriosis) but haven't officially been diagnosed. My periods are just so painful that one day, I think it is worth getting looked into.
I have heard the "just relax" comment, "it will happen when it's meant to happen" and "just get drunk and have crazy sex!" lots of times. Also wondering if running is having negative impacts on my cycles. I did stop one 2ww (two week wait) and tried not running as much around ovulation (O) and even stopped for a few days around that. No such luck. I run approximately 20 miles per week and often times it is less than that.
But this summer I trained for and ran a half marathon on June 5 and the CRIM on August 27th. I am just not convinced that running is causing me to not get pregnant. Once, I did run 12 miles for a long run and never got a + OPK that month so possibly, running closer to 30 mpw does start to have an impact. But I hardly ever get up that high unless I train for a half or full marathon. Another full marathon is not in my near future though, as it WILL negatively impact TTC and even if I do sign up and get pregnant, the marathon itself will be miserable! LOL.
Will probably drop my miles to 15 mpw..I do want to run both a 5k and a 10k in either September or October so I do plan to do that. I haven't decided on which races I want to do. But one 10k is September 17th in Fenton and another is October 9 in Ann Arbor. There is also a 5k in Finlday on September 17th but not sure if we'll be in Ohio that weekend. Decisions, decisions.
OK enough until next time. Thanks for reading!
No comments:
Post a Comment