I'm recovering slowly but surely. I have days and parts of days where I feel amazing, almost like I didn't have surgery. But the left of my incision/belly button has been sore a lot lately. At least it isn't red and I have no other signs of infection. No fever. Probably just a part of healing. Doesn't stop the fact that it hurts still.
I also have been having problems urinating. I thought I had a UTI because my bladder hurts badly when I am toward the end of peeing and it feels like something is pressing down on my bladder. They damaged my bladder during surgery though and I did have a catheter for 7 days. I was on an antibiotic which didn't seem to help. Forums I read on this indicate it is 'normal' and 'should go away with time'.
That said, I have been feeling well enough to get a lot of walks in. I have been walking at least a half hour since 11 days post op. I am now up to an hour almost every day. Sometimes I even through in weightless arm circles or 5lb arm exercises. To me this is not strenuous because I'm not doing full workouts and I was under the impression not to lift over 10lbs. But maybe it would be in my doctor's opinion. lol I have not asked.. Walking with a little bit of arm moves gives me the satisfaction of at least getting some kind of 'exercise' in even if it is only 3mph compared to normal running pace of 6-6.5mph..
That said there has been some soreness still. Walking isn't always the issue. It's having to sit or be upright for an extended period of time. So in my case, rest doesn't mean just taking it easy. Sometimes it literally means laying down with feet up and head on pillow!
Saturday, I walked 1.5 on the treadmill, then we went to Costco, then the mall which was more walking and standing while Joshua played in the play area with bounce houses. I didn't realize this would tire me out so much. I rested at home for a couple hours before then heading to a Mary Kay party which was fun but also involved lots of sitting and not really the place to lay down. I was with friends at least, and got wine and yummy food, and a facial!
The drive home was painful because I think I was upright too long. I couldn't wait to go home and lie down.

more progression - belly pics
January 15

January 19

January 24

I also have been having problems urinating. I thought I had a UTI because my bladder hurts badly when I am toward the end of peeing and it feels like something is pressing down on my bladder. They damaged my bladder during surgery though and I did have a catheter for 7 days. I was on an antibiotic which didn't seem to help. Forums I read on this indicate it is 'normal' and 'should go away with time'.
That said, I have been feeling well enough to get a lot of walks in. I have been walking at least a half hour since 11 days post op. I am now up to an hour almost every day. Sometimes I even through in weightless arm circles or 5lb arm exercises. To me this is not strenuous because I'm not doing full workouts and I was under the impression not to lift over 10lbs. But maybe it would be in my doctor's opinion. lol I have not asked.. Walking with a little bit of arm moves gives me the satisfaction of at least getting some kind of 'exercise' in even if it is only 3mph compared to normal running pace of 6-6.5mph..
That said there has been some soreness still. Walking isn't always the issue. It's having to sit or be upright for an extended period of time. So in my case, rest doesn't mean just taking it easy. Sometimes it literally means laying down with feet up and head on pillow!
Saturday, I walked 1.5 on the treadmill, then we went to Costco, then the mall which was more walking and standing while Joshua played in the play area with bounce houses. I didn't realize this would tire me out so much. I rested at home for a couple hours before then heading to a Mary Kay party which was fun but also involved lots of sitting and not really the place to lay down. I was with friends at least, and got wine and yummy food, and a facial!
The drive home was painful because I think I was upright too long. I couldn't wait to go home and lie down.

more progression - belly pics
January 15

January 19

January 24

No comments:
Post a Comment