Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Bad News Bears

I went for my sonohysterogram today. My HSG from September 2014 showed open tubes. So, I expected my tubes to be open and for the RE to say lets try IUI. But, I have my lovely super bad case of endometriosis..

2 weeks ago I had surgery to remove polyps. They found leftover placenta, and several polyps of course.

As of today all hope is lost. My tubes were mostly blocked. The saline couldn't even get through the tubes like it should have. She suggested to get the tubes removed because if I do by chance get pregnant (not likely IMHO), it could cause an ectopic.  Why the HSG didn't show this? Who knows other than things can change in a year.

The blockages were also causing more polyps to have already formed in the uterus! She said this is common with endo... 

SOOO. IUI is out. Natural conception is out.  IVF is our only chance. 

I have to see my sister in law next weekend who is pregnant, yippee! 

I also have to be on antibiotics to prevent infection from today's procedure. I have developed a severe reaction to antibiotics and I can only help myself by taking extra probiotics. I hope they help, because I may be looking at severe digestive issues in 2-3 weeks that make me really sick.

While on these particular antibiotics I cannot drink alcohol. She said I could skip a day and maybe have a glass of wine. I said yeah I might have to because as I was crying, I said my sister in law IS pregnant. 

She gave me a hug and lots of I'm Sorry's. Much more sympathy than my last RE who was an asshole. He actually told me I'd need IVF and didn't do any of this testing that the new RE did. I guess he had a point with not beating around the bush. But with this RE at least I know for sure. We have proof that there is not another method to get our hopes up. 

My husband at first was like no way to IVF but he might come around, he actually sounded like he might be willing to talk to the financial counselor. We're just so broke. What little coverage we do have will be gone in a second and most of it will be OOP. 

ugh. Anyways that was my adventure for the day. Merry flipping Christmas.

1 comment:

  1. I am so sorry, Nicole. I hope that you can find some financial support for IVF.

    ReplyDelete