Thursday, April 7, 2016

Happy Sprinter

Hello long time, no write. It's spring in Michigan and you wouldn't know it by looking at the weather! It's a snowy, rainy and windy mix out there right now on April 7. Pure Michigan!

Hubby and I had a chat with my RE about IVF and getting tubes removed. I first had to make an appointment with my OB to discuss with him. I was nervous and excited to see him because I LOVE my OB/gyn.  You wouldn't think that I'd be happy about this surgery, but I am. I thought my doctor would say no to taking the tubes out due to my crazy medical and surgical history. Before, he was worried about damaging my tube(s) so that's why he said no to surgery.  But now that they are coming out it doesn't matter so much.  So maybe I'm ok with this because I have hope again. WE have hope again, that maybe IVF will work?

Yes, I said IVF!! Before, we had a mindset that we would be stopping at this point.  Yes, it is expensive and a little bit crazy. But I kind of feel hopeful now after talking to hubby, that maybe we can actually do this? He kind of left this up to me and my heart is already ready to jump in head first!! It may be stupid, it may or may not work, but one thing we know is we don't want to give up yet. We just wanted to see where this would take us and I am hoping that it's successful.

Stay tuned, surgery is May 17.
I'm still running and have a few races this year but hoping that we can do IVF in the fall or winter. This gives us some time to save up some money.

Scared, nervous, constantly worried if this is the right decision? Yes.
Worried people think that we are not thankful with our one amazing child? Yes.  Couldn't be farther from the truth! He's truly a miracle. Why is it a crime, to some people, to want a 2nd child? Because it doesn't happen so easily for everyone. Most of the country are apparently fertile myrtles but not me... so just because of that should we give up? I'm not ready to give up and I am praying that this is the right decision and that if we do get pregnant, to have a full term pregnancy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment