I had a diagnostic hysteroscopy on October 29. I expected it not to hurt but it actually hurt a lot! The doctor that did it actually knew me from prior surgeries at the hospital. However, this was in Brighton at my new RE - Gago Fertility. They did this to see if I had any abnormalities in my uterus. They did find several uterine polyps and there might have been more. But I was really in a lot of pain and was so happy it was over. They stopped as soon as they could obtain the pictures they needed. So to remove them, I'm having a surgery on December 12 called a Hysteroscopy D&C. It's not a major surgery so hopefully, I only will need a day or two of recovery.
I do have a 5k on December 12th which hopefully won't be a big deal. I run this one every year. I usually run this one quite fast but I don't know if that will happen this time. I'll have to see how I feel on that day! I'm running it with two friends Anna and Carly.
I normally want the opinion of my OB since he's been there for so much. I have his number but he has yet to reply to the latest updates. I wonder if he's officially annoyed with me and not answering, or has his phone off. lol, it really doesn't matter, but since he literally knows everything about what my body went through, it would be nice to see what he thinks too. I also wonder why this test was not suggested sooner.
Getting the polyps removed could be the cause of my infertility, or maybe not because my hormone levels seem to indicate something else COULD be going on like less eggs to work with. The polyps can also cause miscarriage. So I'm happy to have these taken out asap.
I just wish this surgery was sooner. I really want to stop this birth control that I was ordered to continue until at least the test in December. I started birth control October 20th and will continue until at least December 10! boo... It could be good, less periods = less pain.
But the birth control also makes me gain weight, feel bloated, not hungry at times and other times am starving. Yet the scale has jumped at least 3-4 pounds. I always read to not focus on the scale but can't help it when I have been feeling so fat and its like every calorie I eat, good or bad, sticks to me like glue and it's harder for the weight to come off. I hate birth control, but I think the weight will fall right off when I can finally stop it.. just over a month to go!
No comments:
Post a Comment