I think it's very possible that my fertility days are coming to an abrupt end, unless of course we intervene with IVF. I had my AMH tested last week, and since it takes one week for results, it came back this week. My result was .26, which is down from 1.15 in October 2014, and 1.46 in January 2012. A normal level for a woman under age 35 is about 1.5. .26 is considered "very low".
My OB did not think testing my latest CD3 numbers would be necessary, but I disagree. I think they should have been tested just to see the whole picture. CD3 just so happened to be yesterday, Thursday. I think I could have persuaded my PCP to test the numbers or even made an appointment with the a$$hole RE that pissed me off last time and I vowed never to see again. But I went with it and I'm sure that the new fertility center I'm visiting this Friday October 2 will be doing additional testing. Or at least I hope so!
Last October they were: FSH 7.7 and Estradoil 83. In 2011 before we conceived Joshua, they were FSH 6.9, Estrogen 57 and LH 4.2. So this means they are on the rise, and with my AMH I think they are probably even higher. I just wanted to know my numbers since I am obviously a numbers person and I analyze everything! The Estradoil level is even out of range according to this chart, and the FSH is on the higher end, even though it's in the "normal" range. I thought about even a retest of my AMH might be helpful but my OB disagreed with that too and thinks it would make things more confusing. He said he was going to contact his RE friend in Indiana but I haven't heard back, and I'm guessing I will hear something I don't want to hear - That he ALSO thinks IVF is our only solution.
Although two of the past REs have lead to this conclusion, we/I still had some hope. I had this new RE appointment scheduled before the latest AMH result. Originally, I scheduled it to see about additional options besides IVF. I thought, there has to be another solution! And it's a woman doctor so I think it might be nice to talk to a woman about this. However I have a feeling I will be hearing the same thing. AGAIN. I had no idea that my AMH was so low and it's discouraging, depressing, and I want to cry. I did cry because I got this result the day my period started. So I was crampy, emotional, and then I get this number.
I also think and hope that this RE is a little more sympathetic! The last RE did not sugar coat anything which I suppose is a good thing. But I was in tears and he just handed me a box of kleenex and said I'm sorry. I kind of agree with him regarding not doing things that won't lead to good results. I just feel like he could have been a little more sympathetic. I also know there are some success stories out there from doing an IUI before IVF. I am starting to realize though that, it might not be the case for us.
After reading about IVF and the process I think I would be ok with it. It is overwhelming but if we get pregnant, it would be worth it. However the issue is cost - we do have a tiny bit of coverage, just a little. It is just not very much so it is even more depressing than just not being able to get pregnant again.
We're happy with one child but what's going to happen when Joshua starts realizing he doesn't have a brother or sister and all of his friends do? Most days I am starting to accept the fact that we might be one and done. Other days it's hard. Like when I see that other moms can have second, third, fourth babies so easily.
No comments:
Post a Comment