Monday, April 6, 2015

Ann Arbor Half marathon

Half marathon #12 is complete! It was no PR but it had a big hill at mile 11 and a couple of other ones that were steep! Overall I finished in 1:58:52 with my PR being a 1:56:02 from June 2014.  I might have shaved a few seconds off if I did not stop to put my headphone piece back in after it fell out around mile 5-6. I literally had to stop and pick it up to put back on. That was annoying! There have been a few races lately where I had to stop and "fix" something. (There was a Kona run in the fall where I had to stop to take off my jacket because I got really hot with my jacket, but my watch was securely strapped over the top of my wrist. So I stopped to take it off to tie around my waist. At the Holiday Hustle 5k in December, my Santa hat kept falling off and I had to stop to take it out of my hair that was pinned with safety pins.)

I am also horrible at pacing myself, but tried to stay with the 8:55 pacer and did fairly well for most of that. I lost her though after I dropped my ear piece. The joys of running with headphones!





No comments:

Post a Comment