Well yesterday was my big appointment with my amazing OB! Pretty much the last stop before we go to an RE for more assistance, I think.
First off: Walked in and sat down in the waiting room. They called Nicole and I got up and walked past the nurse. She said "wait are you pregnant?" I said "Umm no.." "Oh well my patient IS pregnant" with a very rude tone. There was an awkward laugh and I wanted to throat punch her. Given another time of month I may have had a different and more dramatic reaction! I was very bothered by this, but what could I do but shrug it off. I'm at the OB office and there are pregnant women everywhere. I just feel like she could have handled this different. I forgot to mention this to my OB but texted him later, he said he was sorry about that and will mention that to the MA supervisor.
Onto the appointment:
1. My AMH was low, even though I'm 32 it makes it seem like I'm 38. My level was 1.15, so not too low, but thinks it still might make a difference. There's no way to know because people can still conceive with this level.
2. He didn't sound like he would recommend surgery considering my previous complications but is open to the idea. He sounded like there could be a lot of complications with it. There would be 2 goals with surgery. 1 is to restore anatomy back to what it should be (last time he looked at my insides my left ovary and tube were bunched up together and he didn't separate them to prevent further damage of possibly losing my ovary.) 2nd goal is to check for and remove endometriosis. He doesn't have high expectations of this working for getting pregnant purposes but to relieve the pain it could help eliminate it.
3. He did an ultrasound and didn't see any signs of endo, although the only way to know is surgery of course. He found a good sized cyst on my right ovary.. I think he said 4mm or cm? Don't recall. May disappear on its own, or may not. Said its not normal though. Have a follow up in 6 weeks for another U/s. If bigger--> surgery. He thinks will probably just disappear.
4. I'm ovulating from my left ovary this month, and lining is excellent he said. I have a good size follicle waiting! My appointment was on CD12 so that makes sense..
5. My appointment was at 3:50 and I waited a half hour, which was fine, no big deal.. But I think he had a very long day because he even forgot that we were TTC for a second. He asked if I was still on the nuvaring. I said no we are trying to get pregnant.. Lol He apologized about 10 times and felt horrible. I forgive him. He recited basically the entire re/HSG and endo situation and apologized one more time. We all have our days! I still love my dr.
How do I feel about the appointment?
I guess overall I was hoping he would say "yeah surgery should help lets do that" and I was thinking I would be walking out of there making a surgery appointment. But I didn't really get that vibe that he thought surgery would help. He said he had no way of knowing if it helped in conceiving Joshua. However, I feel like that was THE ticket to getting pregnant. But, my body is in a completely different state than before having Joshua since I have had 3 major surgeries. I feel like maybe we should make a consult appointment with the RE just to talk things over and see what he suggests. They can probably look into insurance coverage as well, or I can. I think the cyst will probably be gone and I won't even know its there by my next appointment on February 4.
No comments:
Post a Comment