Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Excited... and nervous..

Nope not pregnant.

But I found out from insurance that I do have fertility coverage. This covers IUI, IVF, all testing and treatment. I would have a $40 copay each visit to the fertility specialist (RE as called on BBC). Sure that copay will add up, assuming we have a lot of appointments. But they also cover up to $5,000 of treatment. I am pretty sure a lot can be covered in $5000! We have an appointment January 20th. This was the SAME DATE we got our positive pregnancy test with Joshua in 2012. I always feel like dates mean something, for some odd reason. In my mind at least, its fun to pin something to a previous year. This appointment is even before my next appointment with my OB who wanted to follow up on my ovarian cyst. Who knows, maybe that dr will do an ultrasound as well? I will be close to or at ovulation. My next AF is due in a couple of days. :(

Speaking of which I think I'm feeling a little of that cyst right now...I have some uncomfortableness/light pain on my right ovary, where the cyst was discovered. Trying to not think about it. It is off and on and just started happening this evening! I think it was a little over 4cm at the appointment. I read online that cysts are normally smaller than this. Also, that they can get bigger, anything over 6cm could require surgery.  My doc was assuming it will just go away, as was I. Hopefully this is the case, although honestly surgery would not be the end of the world. If he finds endometriosis, he could remove that along with the cyst.

Anyways, just counting down the days until we see the fertility specialist. He also works for the same hospital as my OB so hopefully my records will be on file and help him with determining where to go next.

No comments:

Post a Comment