Friday, September 26, 2014

It's been a while

I will try to make this short and sweet... Although it has been since MAY that I updated :)

Not a ton going on, Joshua turned two years old. TWO! How did that happen? We didn't do much but stay in Ohio while the in-laws were in town.





We had a great summer and I continued to run. A lot. I ran with my run group and I ran alone. I ran the CRIM again for my 15th year. I also recently completed my 11th half marathon.

I ran the CRIM in my best time ever, in a 1:29:32!! I was elated with that time. I also ran the 1 mile the night before in 7:39. woot!

The half marathon was not my best time, but it was ridiculously windy that day, much of the race was INTO the wind. That time was 1:58:15 compared to my best time of 1:56:02. I was hoping to get into the 1:55 range, but am happy with my 1:58!

I have also been doing PiYo, a form of yoga and pilates mixed. I have wanted to build stronger abs and arms for years but never put the time and effort in. I feel I am getting stronger, but feel I will never have the abs that I want. I eat too much sugar, really I do but I can't help it.


On the TTC front. It has now been 6 months, 7 cycles of failed attempts. Which in reality is not that long for MOST couples!  But if you remember my story from Joshua, I went through hell and back with him and my health. The fertility doc said we should be able to conceive in 6 months, and if it doesn't happen in that 6 months then IVF is our only chance. I'm figuring we need to take some sort of action even if its not IVF right away. Thankfully my OB agreed. I'm having an HSG Monday morning with my favorite doctor, Dr. Mouro!. But I had one of these things in 2011, and it hurt like hell. I don't know if I am ready for this but we need to see if my only viable tube is blocked. If you remember (maybe I didn't mention it?) my left tube is already smashed against my left ovary and I believe it still is, and probably still unusable. I may or may not have scar tissue in my right tube which is what the HSG will help to determine. If my right tube is blocked, this means our best potential solution to getting pregnant again is IVF which I am afraid to even find out if insurance covers this or not.

So that's it in a nutshell. I still enjoy running, we are still TTC.

No comments:

Post a Comment