I usually run, of course, around the hilly terrain that is Alabama. It's so hilly! Even the driveway is super steep. I have pictures somewhere but am failing to find them at the moment. I will be sure to upload some! One of the major hills is right next to a MOUNTAIN. It's 5 miles total to go up and over, then back to the house. Been using mapmyrun to plan some tentative routes.
Always a bit scared to run in an unfamiliar area but I have run it before. Although I almost got attacked by dogs once, that were not hooked to a leash. Scared. To. Death. Many of the dogs aren't on leashes or chains down there. WHY??? I have considered a temporary gym membership, but did that one year (the year I was pregnant actually) and it was a 20 minute drive there and back. I got ticketed on a road that has a speed limit change every mile on a 6 mile stretch! wtf?
I am deciding what my plan of action will be for next week. I will still run, but do I focus on reducing miles or not? The hills will kill me. But I will have more time to run... although it will also probably be more hot/humid even if I get out at 6am. My miles have been in the mid-20s for the past several weeks. I feel I need a short break from that so I may stay in the high teens/low 20s for a couple weeks.
Also I'll be ovulating at some point this weekend or early next week. Which is not super convenient, lol, since we'll be driving... with a toddler and Mother in Law. Hoping maybe it will at least hold off until we are in Alabama where we will have more privacy and not have to worry about driving so much. Please, ovulation Gods if there are any.. lol
After we get back, I have two races. A 10 mile race in Northville, MI June 7th and another half marathon June 14 up by Higgins Lake! Getting excited for the Higgins Lake one because it is by my dad's up north place and its right on the lake. woot!
No comments:
Post a Comment