This is a random blog about everything from working out to family life. We tried for 1.5 years to conceive and finally conceived our beautiful baby boy, Joshua James, in January of 2012. This was exactly 3 months after having endometriosis removed by way of excision. Joshua was due October 4 2012 but decided to come early on July 30 2012. See "One Hell of a Birth Story" tab to read about the insane journey to motherhood. We also have two very hyper boxers Bruiser and Abby!
Friday, April 11, 2014
First cycle ttc#2
Hello! So I am officially 3DPO on ttc Joshua's brother or sister. I may have just jinxed it but our HOPEFUL expected due date is 12/30 or 12/31 depending on what date you use. And that is exciting. What better way to have a baby than before the end of the year?
But I have a feeling our chances are slim. For one, it's our first cycle and two, I think I need to be on progesterone. I had my OB check my thyroid levels, and they came back normal which I was super excited about! No thyroid meds at least right now, like I needed last time! But as for progesterone, we will see what day I start spotting. I used to have really short LPs which started at anywhere from 8-10 dpo with brown spotting, then AF came shortly after. My progesterone level that I had tested in 2011 was borderline low at a 10.86. I have read online that for TTC it should be over 12. But that was pre-Joshua, maybe things have changed since then?
Oh and I can't forget my lovely endometriosis, and the fact that it could already be back to haunt my fertility. Trying to stay positive... at this point in my cycle it is ok to be positive. I am only 3dpo. Hoping we get pregnant in 6 months. If not, I might talk to my OB about having a second endo removal surgery (laproscopy) instead of going straight to IVF. IVF is a huge decision that we haven't even thought about yet. And hope we don't have to!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Good luck! I'm a 12/31 baby myself! :)
ReplyDelete