Sunday, August 4, 2013

Joshua's One Year; Training, etc.

My baby is one year old! It's so hard to not think about what we went through just 12 short months ago.  I delivered Joshua on July 30 at 5:32am with a chest tube, 10 weeks early. Obviously unexpected, no one thought he'd come that early! Guess it's good I was already in the hospital because they didn't know what was wrong with my stomach. They found it had air pockets and didn't know how they got there.  My mind is so fresh from what happened that morning and the entire month of August and September 2012.  On August 7 I will have had surgery on my colon and have to live with an ostomy for almost 5 months. The worst of it was the first few weeks. Every time I emptied it or changed it I cursed my body for doing what it did to me. And then, when it burst at random times when I was in the NICU and other places. It should have lasted 3-4 days. Well mine would sometimes last 2. Then thanks to the ostomy nurse, we found what the issue was.

It wasn't until after the surgery that the pathology report showed endometriosis tore a hole in my colon, which caused the collapsed lung, and the air pockets..which caused the infection and why Joshua came so early.

Anyways I am supposed to have an appointment soon with an RE to talk about future pregnancies if any, but not sure if my OB is going to call me or if I have to keep bothering him about the appointment. I will probably just wait until my annual exam next month to ask about it. The process has been started as far as me signing a medical release form. But two very busy doctors trying to schedule an appointment for little ole me is probably not on their priority list. But, it should be. We hope I don't end up back in the hospital with a random problem like I did this last June, and we don't know if it will be safe or recommended to have future children.  Basically we're getting a second opinion from this specialist at U of M.

Someone turned a year!
Joshua's one year party went amazing. It was fairly simple and at home. We had close friends and family come over to our house for a cookout. He did not destroy the cake like we thought he would!  Things he is doing are standing, rolling, and army crawling. His weight for 1 year was 19.7 lbs and 28.25 inches, head = 42 cm. He's still in the 10th percentile as he has been all along!





Training!
Well running has been going great still.   I often forget how thankful I am to be able to do this. I love running so much. This weekend, Ryan is up north with his buddies at a golf outing. So it is just me and lil man. And the dogs! I had Ryan's aunt come watch Joshua yesterday while I could go to spin class! It was a great class and you have to love the FREE coffee at the end!

I ran 88 miles for the month of July!  If I can, every weekend I try to run with the running group in downtown Ann Arbor because they run more hills than I have access to in little Milan.  But this weekend I used the stroller for 7 miles. The goal was 8, but by even just 5-6 miles I felt like I could not make it another mile. I forgot how hard pushing the stroller was but I now have a new distance with the stroller of 7 miles!



No comments:

Post a Comment