Sunday, August 25, 2013

2013 CRIM Festival of Races

Well, life at work hasn't been going that great.. am praying harder than ever for an interview and to get hired somewhere else.

However running has been going great! I ran my 14th ever 10 mile CRIM race yesterday. I love that race, and love being in my college town! I had a goal of hopefully finishing in 1:35 which is 9:30 per mile. In past years I have finished anywhere between 1:32 and 1:45. My half marathon time from earlier this year made me think I might get a slower time than I hoped. But given my recent improvement in my pace I hoped I might actually finish faster...

I breezed over those hills I was nervous about like they were nothing!! Maybe the spin classes are helping, or maybe it the hills I have done on my long runs with the group on Saturdays. My Nike + app was constantly off though, saying I would hit a mile about .3 miles before I actually did. That part was annoying. So it said I ran 10.4 miles instead of 10. I had a similar issue with the mapmyrun app. So I guess the conclusion is that all iPhone will apps have some issue with accuracy. Guess it's back to using and charging my Garmin, which never seems to charge. One night I had it charging all night long and I go to pull it off the charger to use in the morning, and it was NOT charged.

Regardless, each mile of this race was as awesome as I remember and of course I can't wait to run it again next year! Now my next big race is a half marathon September 22, the Women Run Detroit half marathon on Belle Isle. Should be a flatter course, and hoping for closer to 2 hours than my half in June. My June half was 2:13:47. My half PR is 1:59. :)

Part of me wants to run a full marathon again. The feeling of running 26.2 miles and doing all the work to get there is awesome! The other part thinks I am crazy and should just stick to half marathon distances and under. These distances are much more time manageable, and my body seems to like them better.

JOSHUA UPDATE
As for Joshua he is almost 13 months now.. and all within the past week or two he has learned to walk with the walker, crawl on hands and knees and pull himself up onto things. He is getting too big too fast!!





No comments:

Post a Comment