Saturday, April 13, 2013

Updates and Training!

Haven't written in a while, I guess! Well there have been a few updates with Joshua. He was hospitalized March 21-23 for RSV/Pneumonia! This was his second diagnosis of RSV this year. The first was in Feb, and the second was March 18. Despite getting his synagis shots, which should prevent this illness. He probably had a lesser impact than if he didn't get the shots, at least.

He is back home now and doing well. Here are some pics from in and out of the hospital.  

That week involved one of us being home with him during the day, until that Wednesday when we had a follow-up visit with the doc and that's when she sent him to the hospital ER. We went to St Joe's since he was born there, however we were then transferred to U of M Children's hospital since they have a PICU in case we needed it, which we did not.  We were pleased with the service at the hospital and they are truly a children's hospital. Must remember that if we ever need to go to a hospital again!

Half marathon training

Training is in full swing and I'm loving it! I'm pretty much sticking to about 18-20 miles per week, sometimes 21 or 22.  I had a debate with myself on whether I should run 3 or 4 days per week.  In the past I think I ran 4 but with trying to keep up with spin class (usually once a week, although this week was twice) without killing myself I think I should stick to 3.  I ran 4 days for a few weeks but really felt like I was wearing myself out. I do not want to do that anymore! Typical schedule is running Tues/Thurs and Sat or Sun for a long run, which is anything over 7 miles. Spinning is the other weekend day. 

Struggling with the fact that I am still so much slower than I was pre-baby.  I still love running but feel like my work level is the same as it was when running 9:30/mile. I remember when 10 minute miles I thought was too slow. Well, it has become my new normal...unless I make an effort to go faster. Now my goal is to finish the half under 2:10 or 10 minute miles and under. I don't think my initial goal of under 2 hours is possible...with all the hills in this race!

I did sign up for another half marathon September 22, and the 10 mile CRIM race August 24. Why? Because I'm crazy I guess! My friend who is one of the spin instructors told me about it and now I'm excited. I think it is probably a flat race, it is in Detroit.  The 10 mile race will be good preparation for the half!


No comments:

Post a Comment