So after much anticipation over this I signed up for the half marathon for June 2. I figured it would give me motivation to get back in shape. However I'm nervous about several things as far as the training goes. I'm sure it will all fall into place but since I'm a Type-A I cannot stop thinking about it:
- My goal is to run in the mornings before work and before Joshua goes to daycare. I hope to do a 3-
day a week schedule and hopefully spin on Sundays. I have a tentative plan made up, and would need to get up around 6 or so to run. I tell Ryan this and he says "well it may not always workout that way". This of courses messes up my plan in my head, and I want to smack him! LOL. No one tells me I can't do something... this only gives me motivation to do it even more!
-With our work schedules, management has decided that one of us will work 3 days til 5:30 to be able to pick Joshua up by 6. So, I could run after work but with busy season here, I will either have Joshua or will be working later. I prefer to not run after say, 7pm. I also just want to spend time with the fam. So many things can come up too for after work. I get nervous about running with Joshua even on the treadmill because I'm not sure what kind of mood he'll be in. Or if I will have to stop mid-run if he gets fussy, etc. Also there is dinner to think about. This is why getting it over with in the morning would be SO much easier.
- Joshua usually wakes around 7. But there may be mornings where he wakes up earlier. And I'm sure things will change even more when he starts eating more real foods. (We started solids this past week). I do expect that Ryan will be feeding him some mornings but we usually help each other get him ready to go since we have to work at the same time. Then one of us takes him to daycare. Thank God we work from home until May, but it's generally hard for us to get moving in the mornings. Therefore maybe I should be RUNNING by 6 instead of getting UP at 6 so I can have time for shower and help with Joshua? Its probably just me trying to be a super-hero do-it-all type of person. Ryan tells me he can take care of Joshua in the mornings but for some reason I just have a personal want/need to help and be with him in the mornings too.
- I am usually a morning person. But 6am is just sooo early. I'm sure all it takes is a few times of getting up and running to get used to this schedule.. I hope.
- Long run day will be Saturday. Ryan is working most Saturdays. I work a couple in April, but I mostly will be working Sundays this busy season. So I will still have to get up at the butt-crack of dawn to run on Saturdays. Again, I could run on the treadmill with Joshua in his play gym or his rock n play napping but this goes back to worrying about stopping mid-run if he gets fussy. I have a jogging stroller but not sure if I can take this out with Joshua when it is still this cold...
I know I can do this... but tend to overthink things and that is why I'm typing them out. Bottom line is if one of us could get a new job, things would be a little easier as far as Joshua and nearly EVERYTHING else goes.. I have been applying to places left and right but cannot afford a paycut right now. Please God answer a prayer! PLEASE..
You have a lot of time to prepare, so I know you can do it. Getting up early sucks, but just make sure you get into bed as early as you can, and you'll adjust! Good luck :D
ReplyDeleteThanks Amber! I know I can do it too, and I have done this race 3 times in the past and have ran for years. But now a baby is involved. Hopefully it's not that hard to get into a routine.
ReplyDelete