Monday, January 28, 2013

Recovery & More!

Recovery is still going well.  I still use the occasional pain medication but nothing like when I first started, where I took 2 pills every 4 hours. I take about 1 a day and each time I think I can stop, something else starts to hurt. Like this morning I woke up with cold symptoms and slight body aches. Ugh! Ab muscles are still sore too, feels like I did a bunch of ab work.  However the smaller incision from the stoma is finally scabbing over and looking better.


On Saturday I ran for 30 minutes and later we went to dinner at Red Robin, and took a stroll around Target when my small incision started to bother me just out of nowhere! Technically, it isn't healed yet so that is to be expected. And I've been having random stomach aches as well, where I get a feeling as if I either didn't eat ENOUGH or ate TOO MUCH... or maybe I ate the wrong thing. I had the feeling last week and made myself throw up as I thought it would help the feeling. It didn't. But the next day I had diahrrea... that was of course after eating Arby's but was it the Arby's, or was it part of my stomach issue?! I am feeling better now, for the most part.


Joshua has been home with me a lot last week and today. I kept him home on 1/19 by choice, since he hadn't been home in a while alone with me and I wanted Joshua time! He also had a dr. appointment. Then, they were closed for MLK day Monday 1/21.  I took him to my follow up visit with Dr. Cleary and to a lunch date with my dad, sister, and my dad's girlfriend.  Daycare ran out of power last Tuesday and Wednesday so we had him home then. I also have him home today 1/28 because it is a snow day. They have a preschool associated with the daycare so this means they close when the school closes.  I want to see if we will be getting some sort of discount or something for the missed days. I can understand that today 1/28 we might not becuase of the fact that they have an Emergency Snow day program that costs an extra $50 for the year. I thought we were going to sign up for this but we didn't so that is our fault. BUT.. the other days were so inconvenient. At least, thank God, I didn't have to call in sick because I already am home.


It gets tiring, when I'm trying to recover and take care of Joshua alone while Ryan works! Even with just ONE child! I know in general I have a lot of energy. However not right now.. I mean I am feeling better overall, but still get tired easily at times. And Joshua has had days where he doesn't want to nap and is constantly fussy. He is teething too, so that doesn't help I'm sure. But my energy is starting to return, so I am taking advantage of that.


As for working out, I got the approval to start again! And now I can set my sights on my half marathon June 2nd. I wouild also love to start going to spin class again but the classes are fairly expensive and we don't have a lot of moola right now. The half is only $50. I will probably register in a couple months after I make sure I can in fact run for longer periods of time, and I'm sure that won't be a problem!  The longer runs will be on Saturdays and I intend to run with the run group for 8 miles and longer. They run through the Ann Arbor hills and I will need at least a little bit of hill training. This race has a lot of hills!

Joshua is 6 months on Wednesday January 30. Adjusted age: 3 months, 3 weeks and 5 days. (aka 4 months).  I have his checkup on Tuesday February 5. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment