Friday, December 28, 2012

Surgery

Got here at 5:30 and surgery was at 7:30am. While getting prepped, I got an epidural for pain(ha ) didn't get to have one for delivery why not now?? And fentyl. Woke up crying in pain so they upped my dosage. I feel surprisingly well!! Probably the pain meds lol, but my dad says I still have my sense of humor. Was a bit nauseas afterward from the anesthetic. I started bleeding today as well. Like not just my incision but"down there". Did I start my period?? I even noticed a big spot on the pre-op bed when I moved over to the surgery bed. I started my new birth control patch a day late (Monday instead of Sunday) I wonder if that's why? Meant to ask ob, but I will see one of them at some point so will have to ask. Since this has happened and I have been in my hospital room I never noticed any more blood. But I am sitting on a bed pad just in case.

They wanted me sitting in a chair later today. That was the goal, part of my surgeons out-in-3- days routine. But they never did come help me. I currently have a catheter in place along with my epidural.

Tried napping a few times but don't stay sleeping for long.

I woke up starving and Thirsty but can't eat yet. I suppose those are both good signs

And my first question was so I have no more bag?? Lol

My dr scared me with the worst case scenario before going into surgery: that they can't put me back together due to a lot of endo and scar tissue. Best case scenario: putting me back together.. Got best case. Thank The Lord

Oh and as for what happened.. My ob was in there too and found no Endo, but that my left tube is smashed against my left ovary. Next chance of conceiving would need to be from my right side. They didn't want to unstick it, and cause more harm than good. Especially since he did try but said it started bleeding so he left that alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment