The appointment with my surgeon went well yesterday. He is just as friendly and chipper as I remember! How distinctly I remember him knocking on my hospital room door promptly at 5:30am every day and coming in to see how I am doing! ( I think he might drink a bit too much coffee!) LOL.
Anyways we scheduled a date of December 28 (happy new year from the hospital!) for the colostomy take-down. I am excited!! I have 3 appointments leading up to it. One is an OB appointment on Nov 28th with Dr. Mouro to see how things are from the endo side. Not sure if I should expect an exam or what, but it will be nice to see him again since the last time I saw him I was in L&D Triage on a Monday night and I was very ill and hooked up to an IV and in pain. This time I'm much healthier!
Next I have an appointment on December17th for a Gastrographin Enema (yuck) that will determine the amount of healing, but it will not detect any scar tissue (if any). If all goes well the appointment will remain on the 28th. On December 19th I have to take some training class that will be an hour.
There is a 5% chance of needing a bag again after taking it down, but hopefully that won't happen. I'm going to check with my OB about the chance of endo coming back and doing what it did before (tearing a hole through the colon).
I am excited to get this show on the road!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment