Monday, November 19, 2012

More hair loss, more updates..







I am circled in red.  This was at my most recent 10k on November 10! I got about 1 hour exactly. Compared to pre-pregnancy of about 55 minutes, I really can't complain! I am also doing about 1-2 spin classes per week.  Despite my working out, I still remain about 4 pounds up from pre-pregnancy. I realize this is NOT a lot compared to some. It still bothers me though!
 
Also, here is an update on my hair loss. I am officially getting bald spots :(
 And my hair is getting distinctly thinner. By a lot..
 
 
I have begun taking my prenatals again.  Also bought a biotin supplement and have started taking that. I ALSO bought some special shampoo that is supposed to help with thinning hair. I also read on a forum that Vitman E is supposed to help, as well as a separate Hair, Skin and Nails supplement. I fear that I really will go bald soon :(
 
I came to the conclusion that it's not just from being post-partum. I also had a major surgery after his delivery and based on what everyone else says online, this is a pretty common issue. Something about the body recuperating from the anesthetic and what it went through just a short time ago. Several people say that it WILL grow back. Hopefully soon. I can't stand this. My friend said that she thinks maybe once they put me back together, the nutrients will absorb in the body better, thus making the hair grow back better/faster.  The hair follicle goes through different phases, and it needs to have time to recover and regrow...supposedly when it grows back depends on what my hair's life cycle is like.
 
All I can say is...thank GOD I am at home working and not at work, dealing with both depressing things: colostomy bag and hair thinning. I feel like myself for the most part however just have these things holding me back still.
 
 
Joshua has been sleeping through the night, a few times this week. It typically depends on when we feed him last before bedtime.  He has been such a good baby. How did we get so blessed?  He is 12 pounds now. And has his 4 month visit December 3. We are so in love with him!  He has also begun to smile a lot more, and do a little bit of giggling.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment