He is such a good baby! We used to get up every 3 hours for a few weeks but lately he has been waking up just at 4 or 5am. In fact last night he slept from 9pm to 5:30am! He has been busy at daycare, he spends a lot of time awake lately and enjoys his tummy time, sometimes.. other times he cries and I think he just might be frustrated or something. So we resort to picking him up. HOW are we supposed to resist picking him up? :) We are in love.
I took him to the NICU last week to visit the nurses since we were at the hospital for his eye appointment (which his eyes are great by the way!). I also visited Lilly, a lady that really helped us a ton with NICU arrangements and just being there for us in general. I wished I could have also seen my several OBs but they are almost always busy.. but I feel like we're friends now and I wanted them to see me and Joshua and to know that we are alive and well. Dr's. Mouro, Kreske, Jefferies, Fredericks... and there were others too. Hopefully I can get in touch with one of them when I have my ostomy reversal surgery.
Here are some pictures.



I have a meeting with the surgeon on November 12. At that point we will know the next course of action as far as scheduling my NEXT surgery. I think I have to have a scan/test, the same one I had before having my first surgery. Some type of lower GI test. Then after that we may be able to schedule the surgery. I hope it is this year, mainly because I don't want to deal with this mess anymore. Its just such a pain. I want my old body back. But if I am not healed, or if I just plain cannot get in I do understand having to wait further. This will be God's way of testing my patience, yes? I just hate waiting and this will be a long 2.5 weeks. Another thing to think about is insurance. We have obviously met our deductible for THIS year. Having it next year would be during tax season I'm assuming, and we need the extra money.
Stressing about money lately. With our new added cost of daycare, mortgage, car payments, insurance, cell phones....ugh and Daycare is NOT cheap. At least not for our area. I'm sure it will just be an adjustment for us to get used to. But I know I can't just buy anything I want anymore. Gotta think twice about that.
For instance I signed up for a 10k for this weekend. I knew about it but wasn't going to run it because I already signed up for a cheaper one for November 10. But I knew people from work running it, it is a Halloween run, and I was tempted so I couldn't help it. So now I have two 10ks in the coming weeks. LOL. Must take it slow and be careful. I have gotten back up to 4 and 5 mile runs but have not yet gone 6, since June! I'm sure it will all workout though.
Anyways that is about it for me right now. Just adjusting to this new life with my wonderful family, feeling blessed with our 30 weeker and of course adjusting to the life of having an ostomy. Thank god it's not forever but would like to know when the life of my ostomy is going to end!!!
He's very handsome, and wow 2 10Ks! You rock. Hope you can get back to your old self as soon as possible, but glad to hear you're doing well :)
ReplyDelete