Saturday, September 29, 2012

Working out again. :)

So I got the OK to workout again at my last OB appointment, which was not with my regular OB.. I kinda wanted to see him again after all the hospital crap (that's what it was... CRAP!) and to update him but he wasn't in. I did get to see Dr. Kreske who has a husband that works with the guy that did my ostomy surgery. So I got to know her pretty well while in the hospital. I had to make an appointment because after 6 weeks post partum, I was still bleeding pretty heavily even with clots. :( I wasn't too worried because on Babycenter people were saying they bled for a while longer than 6 weeks. But Dr Kreske said everything was healed..at the time of the appointment I wasn't bleeding.  That was a Thursday...then Saturday I did a spinning workout and we DTD. By Monday I was bleeding again!! WTF. It wasn't really a lot so I went for a 1/2 mile run and did some walking. The next day was even more so I called the OB and the nurse said its likely my period. Really, my period? But I had zero cramps which wasn't normal, unless things change after birth? I decided to see what would happen over the next week. It has gotten lighter, even with me working out a little. Its now more of a brownish discharge. Sooo.. hopefully it continues to be light or nonexistent, maybe?  I have a script for birth control at the pharmacy. But I'm not sure if that was or was not my period so when do I start it?? ugh

Anyways last week since everything was healed (even with the bleeding) I did a half mile run plus walking for 1/2 hour on Monday. Then I ran a full mile on Wed and spinning on Saturday. I did 2 miles this past Monday, then 3 on the Treadmill Wednesday and 3 again on Friday. Wed was ok but Friday my legs felt so heavy, I was slow and felt so out of  shape! I assume this feeling will go away soon - I cannot wait to get out there and feel good again while running. Its fall which is the best time of year to run IMO. I have a tentative goal of running in a 5k or 10k (havent decided yet) on November 10th. It is a Turkey Trot race at a local park.. The follow-up with my surgeon is November 12, and hopefully soon after I'll have my surgery to get rid of this stupid annoying pain-in-the butt ostomy bag.

I think I have given up on breastfeeding/pumping. After my procedures my supply went way down. I was able to nurse a few times and it went ok...but lately he hasn't reacted great to it and I thought with my supply way down...I didn't find it worth it anymore. Its much  less stress with the bottle.. I feel guilty.. but its better for both of us!!

1 comment:

  1. getting a period that quick is completely normal. I got mine back after only 3 months with both kids and the kids were both exclusively breastfed. They say usually you won't get your period til you stop but of course that isn't always the case.

    I'm glad you are able to run again but remember you are still in a recovery period and need to take it easy. Have the dr's checked your iron levels sometimes that can make you feel like your dragging? You are a brave woman to do a 5 or 10k....I wish I had your motivation.

    Don't feel guilty about not bf'ing, you had a very challenging situation. And you definitely deserve not to be stressed.

    Love ya,
    Jenn

    ReplyDelete