Friday, September 21, 2012

Starting to get the hang of things


This was little man after his first bath in his bath tub! His umbilical cord finally fell off his belly so we were able to soak him in water :)  He is waking up a couple times a night -- usually every 3 or 4 hours. However sometimes he takes a while to get to sleep and will make little baby noises...which means we don't get to sleep right away either! But it is ok, he is so worth it.

I have been feeling ok for the most part. I am not pain-free though. My abs are very sore still and so is my surgery scar. Today (Friday) I also happen to just not feel good in general which sucks. Hope it passes quickly!! I  planned to do a spin workout in the morning, but may cancel that if I still don't feel well. I have already done a couple of workouts since I got the ok to exercise a week ago. I did an hour long spin workout last Saturday, then a walk on Sunday, a run/walk for 30 minutes (mostly walking) on Monday, ran a mile on Wednesday.  I did something in one of those workouts to hurt my calves and hip flexors in both legs and it has hurt to even walk! It's better today now that I have had a couple days off.. Some days I forget that I did not only give birth. I also had a major surgery and was pretty sick for about a month. It is so frustrating.

Also still working on getting the approval to extend my disability further.  Since my maternity leave started the day he was born (July 30), my typical 8 week maternity leave should end today and I would be to work on Monday September 24. Apparently they don't take preemies into consideration- if only I could have started the leave when he came home from the hospital September 1.  Hopefully I can get another week or two. Then I would take vacation time to make up for a couple more weeks making me back to work October 22 or so.

My Ostomy reversal surgery should be sometime in November, and I will need to take even more time off to recover from that. Not sure how much time exactly, so this is stressing me out too! Ryan thinks I should take a couple weeks of FMLA, then it will be almost time for my surgery at which point I will need more time again. we will figure it out.. somehow..

Finally, my birthday present (30th birthday is October 6). It will be a while before I can use it of course. But can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment