Wednesday, September 5, 2012

The family is home!

We are all officially home as a family and are adjusting. Joshua so far is a good sleeper, we do get some sleep at least! He usually goes 3 hour stretches before he needs food again, but 4 at the most. He lets us know though! Ryan has been a great help of course, I wouldn't expect any less. 

We still need to decide on a daycare.  So far the only place that appeals to us (me) the most, and has an opening for November-ish is $215 a week which seems like a lot and it is. I'd love to use a home daycare instead but I can't seem to find one that has an opening :( I hate to even look at daycare- after so much time off work I will not enjoy going back to work, which I think will be in late October/November.

Still doing my IV antibiotics for about another week, supposed to end on September 11 but could be longer - hopefully not. I have an appointment with the infectious disease specialist next week to determine this. Also still dealing with the ostomy bag, the most annoying, disgusting thing I have had to deal with ever. I won't go into details but let's just say I have had some issues with the bag leaking when I least expect it and we have to end up changing the bag. :(

Here are some recent pics of our little man who is a measly almost 6 lbs and over 18 inches long!



For me: Go blue!



For Ryan and his Ohio State football...




3 comments:

  1. Awww- I love the pictures! He is such a cute little peanut! So glad he is doing well and that you are recovering. I can't imagine how hard it must be to be so active and then have to stop so suddenly to deal with health issues. I think about you often and hope you are doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is SO. CUTE. Seriously. I have so much sympathy for what you're going through, but I can't even put words on it because I just. Want. To. NOM. HIS. FACE.

    What a cutie. Seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad he's home with you guys!

    ReplyDelete