Thursday, July 19, 2012

The Very Inspiring Blogger Award

My blog was recently nominated for a Very Inspiring Blogger Award by someone that I would call a friend through the online/BabyCenter community.  Katie from Run Inspired nominated me and I feel very honored!  Her blog posts are also very inspiring to me as well!

Here are the requirements of having been nominated!
- Display the award logo somewhere on your blog.
- Link back to the blog of the person who nominated you.
- State 7 things about yourself.
- Nominate 15 other bloggers for the award and provide links to their blogs.
- Notify those bloggers that they have been nominated and of the award’s requirements.

7 things about me:

1.  I have a sister that is three years younger than me, and we have just about nothing in common.  She lives about one hour away from me and we hardly ever see each other.  We were never that close, and we did not grow closer over the years unfortunately.  We still love each other, we just are like night and day! I am the mellow one, and she is the one with attitdue and sass!  She was the popular cheerleader and I was the boring one, the runner and swimmer in high school.

2.  As mentioned above, in addition to running I also used to be a swimmer.  My times were nothing to brag about, but I loved freestyle and backstroke mostly.  I loved attending the practices and getting "beat up" by the coach (practice sucked lol).  I have occasionally hit up the pool at our recreation center to do some laps, but not lately.  I do miss it though and would love to get back to the pool more! I could potentially even try a triathlon if I really wanted. Since I've got the spinning, running and swimming experience.

3.  My parents divorced my freshman year of high school.  This had a bigger impact on my life than I thought it would.  I still was attending one high school, but eventually the cheapest place my mom could find to live was about 20 minutes away in a trailer.  So early morning (5am) swim practice and after school (2-3 hour) practices felt that much longer because I had to drive so much farther than anyone else! Also I think it impacted the relationship I had with my mom.  She was dating someone she met online and this just made everything weird in my (and my sister's) lives!

4.  This was mentioned before on one of my posts, but will bring it up again. My mom passed away in January of 2008.  Every year, on the date of her death (January 11th) and birth (October 16) I have a rough day.  Mothers Day can be tough too sometimes. Ever since the divorce I always thought we had sort of an odd relationship.  It did not help matters that I think the divorce drove her to drink, and drink some more. That was the reason she died - liver cirrhosis.  But I still miss her so much and there are little things every day that make me think of her. I also have random days where I just cry.  I think about how much she would have LOVED being a grandma, and it makes me want to cry again.

5.  The awesome and sort of ironic thing about #4 is that I was finally able to get pregnant in January.  Why January after we tried for SO long??  Ovulation day was January 8 and she died on January 11.  So we conceived VERY CLOSE to the anniversary of mom's death.  Secondly, my birthday is October 6.  When is my due date? October 4.  So essentially I am pregnant the same time that my mom was pregnant with me. ???? I think its a sign from her! It has to be a sign from her, or from God.  I will admit I had a nice long cry after I came to this realization because, it's just so ironic and amazing in my opinion. I just could not believe it. It's like a way from my mom that says everything is going to be alright.

6.  I am a very sensitive person.  Sometimes I automatically feel the need to cry when I do ask for help! One example is when I had to call the on-call doctor early in this pregnancy for spotting after I went for a run.  I was so scared and when they called me back I really had to fight back tears so I didn't cry on the phone when talking to the doctor. Why? I think internally that they think I am an idiot for even calling and then I'm embarrased. My reaction is to cry. I also tend to cry when I am sick and need to call into work which does not happen very often but when it does, I hate it. I am so weird about things!! I think I am just a crier/worrier type of person in general.  Not saying I like it, but it is who I am I guess. Almost like I hate admitting to someone else that something is wrong. Grr!

7.  I love to plan and schedule things. I am constantly looking at my calendar on my phone and always think/worry about the timing of things, anything from appointments, to work schedules, to races, to spin classes, and lately anything to do with the pregnancy.  Example: "I will be X weeks when this happens".  I also look at the calendar and review in my head what I have planned for certain days. Like when I am half marathon or marathon trainng I love planning out my schedule, silly things like that.

15 Inspirational blogs

1.  The Mouro Family - I love reading her blog because she has such a great outlook on God and life in general.  She offers a fresh perspective from an angle that I do not explore too often, but would like to do a little bit more. They have 7 beautiful children and are expecting their 8th in August.  Oh and P.S. Her husband is my OB!

2.  Busy, Bold, Blessed - I love reading her blog because I love reading about her running experiences. She has a great way of putting everything into writing!

3.  Barefoot, Raising Baby & In the Kitchen - This is someone who I met through Babycenter and started following her blog when she was pregnant and we still were trying to conceive. She is great at describing everything from her TTC experiences to raising her little man!

4.  Robin's blog - I recently started following her blog after following her on dailymile.  She an awesome outlook and way of expressing her love for running!  I also love that she encourages her daughter to run, now that's inspiring!

5.  Waiting for my happily ever after - I started following her blog becaue she is another friend from babycenter.  She was able to conceive multiple times over the years, but this one has stuck. She is almost 40 weeks! She went through a ton to get here, way more than many of us have to endure just to get pregnant!

6.  The Walk - I started following Lindsay's blog, also met from babycenter, before I was diagnosed with endometriosis. She inspires me because she and her husband have worked so hard to become pregnant for over 4 years now.  They recently got a diagnosis that indicates they will not be able to get pregnant naturally.  She inspires me because despite this she and her husband are not giving up!

7.  Nowack Love Shack - I started following her blog also from babycenter when we were TTC.  They also tried for about 1.5 years and were about to try IUI before they conceieved!

8.  Drawing a Blake - This is Ashley.  She is inspiring in her writing, she has a way to make you laugh or cry or sit back and say hmmm. She is currently pregnant after trying for a while and having a miscarraige, and currently has a little girl as well!

9. Froggies Fancy Fannies - This is Nicole. She is inspiring due to all she went through to get pregnant. Like me, she had a surgery not long before becoming pregnant!

10. Journey to Babyhood - This is another friend from babycenter named Candace. She has gone through a lot in her TTC journey as well, and yet her attitude about everything is amazing!!

11. Mom in Motion - I recently started following her blog and find her inspring due to all that she is doing with her life!

12.  My Stubborn Little Miss - This blog is inspring to read because of what her family must go through on a daily basis, and she is a runner!  I recently started following her blog and cannot wait to read about her journey.

13.  Running into a Wall - I recently started reading her blog, but if it is about running surely I will like it! I can't wait to read more about her journey!

14.  For a Pessimist I'm pretty optimistic - I started following her blog when we were TTC, and she was as well.  She was able to get pregnant with fertility treatments, with TWINS!  She recently had her little ones so there has not been a lot of updating lately :)

15.  June Bug of Love - This is also a friend from babycenter, who's blog I started following a while ago. She has been through so much - 13 miscarraiges in total.  However she has such a positive attitude in life and I wish I had some of her positivity!

No comments:

Post a Comment