Sunday, July 15, 2012

Elective 3D/4D Ultrasound

After my amazing pain-free 5 mile run this morning (woot!) we drove 45 minutes to Brighton, MI to get an elective 3D/4D Ultrasound. (www.babyenvision.com)

First of all, getting there was a challenge.  I'm not sure if you are aware of traffic "circles" that some intersections have, well this exit had one and since we lost our GPS on one of our vacations this summer, we had to use the map program on my iPhone.  This map program does not yet have turn-by-turn navigation.  So we got to the right exit but the directions after the exit to get there were very confusing because we had to navigate through not one but TWO traffic circles right next to each other. Ryan got frustrated with me because I was reading (or trying to read) the directions, and I got frustrated because he was frustrated with me. Anyways it is all history now because we DID make it there on time! ahhh..

Anyways we got there and I had signed up for the $130 package (holy CRAP $130 I know right?!). This was already more than I wanted to spend but that was only 15-20 minutes of U/S time and DH wanted a bit more. Soo. yes we upgrated to the $140 package which was 20-25 minutes of time, but you know we had to also get the DVD that was $20 extra. Who wouldn't want a DVD of the entire ultrasound?? Might as well right. We have already watched it twice and kept rewinding it :)

We also got a stuffed animal with the heartbeat sound inside of it. Ok this picture may look a little creepy, LOL. But it really is cute I promise!



Well we walked into the room and they had soft music playing, and it was dark and they had two big couches for family to sit on to watch it all on the big screen. I had a big bed to lay on next to the ultrasound machine. It was only Ryan so we really could have invited more family too! I immediately got emotional and I don't know why. Could be a combination of things. The "fight" in the car had me pretty annoyed/angry (I cry when I get angry), then the preggo hormones on top of that. The music was a very calming music, but it also triggered the tears too. It was just an extremely emotional experience for me all around.  Here are some of the pictures from today:


Face with hand in front


Face


Face, laying on hand or arm

No comments:

Post a Comment