Thursday, July 12, 2012

It's been a while

It sure has been a while since I have been able to sit down and write! I'm up to the 28 week point of my pregnancy and as things are getting more and more uncomfortable, other things still feel perfectly fine. So I'm not as uncomfortable as most pregnant people probably feel at this point. I feel I can contribute all my thanks for that to running and spinning thus far into my pregnancy. I had been running 15 miles per week until 2 weeks ago, when I only did 8 miles.  That 8 miles was the week just after the 10k race, and I did 3 spinning classes that week instead. I am glad that I gave my body the break!

Now I still intend to run 3 times/week but bring the mileage down to 13-14 mpw, which will constitute two 3 or 4 milers, and a 5 miler hopefully.  Also spin once or twice/week. This morning I did 4 and man I really felt my uterus the rest of the day, because it aches like crazy every time I walk! I know in a past blog post I said  I wouldn't be doing any more spinning. Well, what can I say I love it. So I bought another 10-class package but plan to use that by mid-August. I hope I can make it that far without being too uncomfortable. Some days I don't even feel pregnant when I'm doing it!  Although I still tone down the intensity (but still feel I get a great workout) and listen to my body.

One thing I have noticed lately is a pain that starts in my mid-back right above where my bra is.  It is hard to describe so I will post a picture. It feels like a knife is digging into the spot that is circled.


It's not there all the time or anything like that. I felt a little bit of it before I went running today and of course as the run progressed the feeling got worse. Sometimes it even radiates to the right side of my chest and it feels like my entire boob is on fire. As a result its hard to breathe. I think maybe the deeper I have to breathe in, the more it tends to be triggered.  A friend on Babycenter said it is likely a rib that has been pulled out or down and needs to be readjusted by a chiro. I plan to make an appointment tomorrow, hope I can get in on Saturday but we have an Infant Care class for 2 hours and I'm not sure what time the office is open til. For a Saturday probably not very late. Vet appointment for Abby on Monday. It might not be until Tuesday!

I have uploaded some more belly pics to the Pregnancy Pics tab! I still can't believe I am even pregnant, I am so thankful every single day. We also have a 3D/4D Ultrasound to see lil man on Sunday 7/15. We are excited! Another thing is we are down to having OB appointments every two weeks as opposed to every month.

As for names we have one chosen but I'll be revealing that later on! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment