Pregnancy report
Today I am 22 weeks and 3 days. For the most part, I am feeling great! One day last week though the whole day at work I was having heartburn and a bit of indigestion. I was NOT feeling well. I was told this won't be going away anytime soon, but the past few days have been fine. I didnt think I ate anything that would trigger this. Either way, somehow it did and me no likeeeee.. lol. I managed to run 3 miles, (this is a personal goal- if I do run, I want to do at least 3 miles) but I could/should have just stopped at 2. But this is how most runners are - determined and stubborn :)
Lately I feel like no matter what or how much I eat, it is too much. I think I'm over-estimating the amount of food I need to eat to be satisfied. I was told by a couple other people who have BTDT that this would happen too, but I thought maybe later in pregnancy - That I would get full quickly and as a result either not finish all my food. My understanding is that this happens because my food does not digest like it did pre-pregnancy, and I can feel it in my gut sitting above the baby lol. Just waiting to be able to digest further. If I eat too much, I find myself having to breathe in heavier to get a full breath in. I really need to start watching what I'm eating, and when.
For instance, today Ryan made pancakes for breakfast for when I got done running. I ate them at ~9, didn't eat anything again until ~1:00. I wasn't that hungry so since I was out and about I grabbed 2 small things from the gas station. However an hour or so later I was starving. When I got home I had some leftovers, but apparently too many leftovers! My stomach currently feels like I don't need to eat for weeks. I think I probably need to eat more protien. And drink more water. But, I do already try to drink a ton of water. ahhh the joys of pregnancy lol. NOT complaining, just things I was not necessarily expecting. We are going out to eat tonight with friends. I hope my food digests enough by the time we go to make me even WANT to eat.
I also think braxton hicks contractions have started. Sometimes I have just regular cramping, which seems to happen a LOT. I would think this is normal...it feels like O cramps, sometimes it feels like pre-AF cramps. Nothing as strong as what I was used to before with the endometriosis. However, BH feel like tightening of the uterus, they don't necessarily hurt but I can feel that something is going on in there. Baby is also moving a lot, and it is such a rewarding and wonderful feeling! I LOVE IT! New baby bump picture has been uploaded!
Running and working out report
Running has gotten...slower. Yup, even slower than before! Pre-pregnancy, pace was between 9:20-9:30 per mile for an easy run. NOW? More like 10:30. Funny because just a few weeks ago it was under 10:20 easily. But I struggle to get that pace now. :( Oh well right? It will come back sometime after pregnancy. I know not to look at the numbers too much but I just can't help myself. I just need to at least know where I stand and how much more I want to improve. I am still able to keep up running 3 days per week at about 15 miles per week. I am running a 10k on June 23 and am nervous about that but I think if I can keep up this current pattern, I should be ok and at least able to finish the race. I will be 25 weeks pregnant!
I have also been partaking in spin class, once per week. On a given weekend I will run one day and spin the other day. I have 3 classes left with my pass and after that will probably stick to just running and doing workout dvds. I don't feel like spending money on another spin pass, after all they do expire and running is free!
After pregnancy, I hope to eventually develop some sort of workout routine again with Ryan's help of course. Either I could do spinning or train for a half marathon. Not sure which but I'm leaning towards the half :) Hopefully next June I can do one.
OTHER
Okay I know this is super long but just wanted to also say that I am getting a new vehicle! I am getting a mom-mobile lol. Something that both of us, the dogs and the baby can fit in. Currently Ryan has an Equinox but that gets pretty stuffed full when we travel, can you imagine what will happen when we add a baby to that? lol anyways here is what we are getting. It has third row seating but I doubt we will use it, we just need the extra space mainly...I wanted a smaller SUV but hey if we will be having a second kid in the next few years, why not..
http://www.randywisemilan.com/VehicleDetails/certified-2010-Chevrolet-Traverse-Front_Wheel_Drive_LT_w%2F1LT-Flint-MI/1755616933
No comments:
Post a Comment