TUESDAY: Arrived about 1:00, got rental car and got to the condo we were staying at basically for free thanks to my stepdad. Had Chick-fil-a for lunch (my FAVORITE) and we do not have these in Michigan. Had a light dinner and went to this show: http://www.palacetheatremyrtlebeach.com/shows-legrandcirque.cfm . Ryan started not feeling well with just a sore throat. Great.

WEDNESDAY: I went running in the subdivision next to my stepdad, 4 miles. It was warm. About 10 degress warmer than I was used to in Michigan! First couple miles were tough. Ryan's sore throat was still there. We went shopping at Broadway at the Beach and had lunch outside at a bar/restaurant. Came home, we both fell asleep. I took a 1.5 hour nap! That never happens! And finally went for a walk on the beach at about 9pm.
THURSDAY: Ryan had a sore throat and minor sinus congestion. I still got up and I ran 3.5 miles on the beach. It was HOT!! I think it was between 70-75 degrees at 8:15am. I wanted to get there earlier but of course Ryan was tired and not feeling well. By this point we were actually sleeping in different beds because when he gets this (which is a few times/year) he snores so loud and I cannot sleep :( We went to Margaritaville for lunch, then Ripley's Aquarium and pet the stingrays. Then we had a cookout later with my stepdad and his annoying wife. ugh. She seriously never stops talking. Sometimes you just want silence right? Well there is no silence with her. I do not think my mom would have liked her. Here is my virgin strawberry dacquiri.

FRIDAY: Ryan felt crappier by the day :( Today we did MORE shopping at the outlet stores. I got a couple things from the Under Armour outlet - sports bra for my growing boobs and bigger capris for working out. And a cute pink/grey visor for running. We also went to the actual mall, where I spent too much on maternity shirts from Motherhood Maternity - why did I do this when I know I can get just as cute things at Target and Old Navy?! Not sure exactly. I could kick myself. Oh well. I do believe I am set on the shirts now, but my problem is I love to shop and when I see something cute I feel like I need it. In a way I do, I need to have a variety for going to work! Here's to hoping I can control my spending better. I just got last month's Old Navy bill. YIKES!
For dinner, we went to Hard Rock Cafe and spent too much there too. I have had my share of fries/burgers or sandwiches for the week so I thought I would get a salad. Well I was not a fan. The lettuce was chopped into tiny pieces (who chops up lettuce further than it already is?!) and so was the chicken. The dressing was ok but I had to ask for more because it tasted like there was no dressing at all. It also had tiny walnuts on it, and avacados, and cheese. I normally would love this salad. I thought I could deal with the pico de gallo even though I hate tomatoes. I also think there were tiny red peppers in the salad. I gagged everytime I put one of those things in my mouth. Not sure why but the salad just did not agree with me. Maybe I should have opted for the Turkey Burger which is what I really wanted anyways. Ryan didn't like his steak either. I only ate half my salad, and the steak didn't fill him up so we got dessert. Then they came and took our picture and I felt obligated to purchase it and it was $20. Our bill came to like $100. After the expensive week we had, I definately had buyer's remorse from going to the Hard Rock! Then I had my heart set on getting a t-shirt so I stopped at the gift shop to get one. I bought one in my normal size (small) so I hope I can wear it soon after baby. If I were to wear it now I probably would have gotten a medium but I like my shirts small. Here was our pic at the Hard Rock:

SATURDAY: Ryan feeling worse than yesterday. He still managed to golf with my stepdad though. I'm sure he is a little upset he doesn't get to golf more because Myrtle Beach is like the best place to golf. I know it bothers him but my stepdad hasn't been feeling well and has been doing radiation for his pancreatic cancer. It was just a small spot they found, but he wanted to get it taken care of. He had radiation every day at 5:30, and worked from 6am-2pm. So, really no time to golf anyways :( If only I golfed. But I am lacking in the patience department and not sure I could handle golf, as much as my heart wants to. Maybe one day! For now, running is my thing.
Speaking of which I ran 6 sloowwww miles on Saturday. Not 6.1 or 6.2, just 6. Like, it was over an hour, slow (to be exact 1:03). But it was hot. 70 degrees or so, at least there were clouds and wind. I ran through some sprinklers too so that helped. Again the first 2 miles were rough and slower per mile than the last 4. The rest of the day was spent relaxing and getting ready to leave the next day. Although for dinner we did go to a place out by the beach, then played putt-putt, then walked on the beach and talked about names! I think we finally decided on one! I think we are about 95% sure.
![]() |
| Dinner view |
![]() |
| Putt-Putt |
SUNDAY: Ryan reallllly feeling like crap again. This day was hell for him. I felt so bad! He sounded like crap and felt like death. Our flight left at 12:38 and we had to get to the shipping place since I was shipping home my mom's china set since my stepdad didn't want it anymore. It is supposed to arrive on Friday. I hope it makes it in one piece!


No comments:
Post a Comment