Yep, Dad had a heart attack on Saturday evening after trying to work out things with his ex-wife. She pretty much saw it all happen while he complained of chest pains and really bad jaw pain. Mind you she is a RN and did not even mention that he was probably having a heart attack or to go to the hospital. No she said it was probably indigestion and gave him a TUMS. What a bitch... So, he drove himself to the hospital on Sunday afternoon, I get a call that evening. Ryan and I drove up to the hospital in Fenton when he was in the ER. My sis was up there and we stayed there til 10pm. SO it turned out to be not much of a relaxing day off. Monday, he had a stent put in his right artery because it was 90% blocked. Tuesday Ryan and I both had half the day off and we drove back up to make sure he got released ok and I drove him home, and made sure he was ok there. Then Ryan and I left since we had to work at 3. What a crazy few days..but he is ok and at home resting now. Whew!
On a much happier note I'm over 10 weeks now!!! Big milestone, double digits! Symptoms lately are a lot of the same. Of course major bloatedness, a touch of nausea here and there but not getting sick ever. Occasional headaches that come out of nowhere and occasional breast tenderness. SUPER mild symptoms compared to what I read online. I am now considering myself lucky finally, instead of WISHING for these symptoms to start. Today though I noticed that I seemed short of breath more easily. I don't think it was in my head, as it really took some effort to breathe sometimes. Must be all the extra blood running through my body?! It was a weird feeling!
ALSO...I got my doppler in the mail and we were able to hear the heartbeat, I just love love love that sound. Of course nothing will beat the ultrasound on March 19 (which frankly cannot come SOON ENOUGH!!) but this at least reassures me that there's still a baby in there with a heartbeat! I realize one day I might not be able to find it if it is moving around or hiding. But the other day, I knew exactly where to find him/her and there it was. A beautiful heartbeat at about 170 bpm. love it.
I am still running! I stick to two "shorter" runs and one "longer" run per week. Then once in a while I throw in a spin class or an ab/arm workout. The shorter runs consist of 3 or 4 miles. The longer runs consist of 5 or 6 miles. I haven't gotten up to 6 yet, just 5.5. I am running a 5k on Sunday March 11. I am also running a 10k on April 15th, so that is the plan at least. But if I feel like I can't handle it, I will sign up for the 5k.
No comments:
Post a Comment