Thursday, February 23, 2012

Running!

So far since I've felt awesome so far this pregnancy, running and working out have been an easy task!  And thank goodness, because I am blowing up with all of the food I have been eating. I've mostly been running and spinning. I do get out of breath easier, and I'm slower..but some runs are better than others. I have Jillian Michaels DVD's and did one a few weeks ago but scared to do one now. I don't know why. Maybe soon I will get up the nerve to try one again.

I had a goal to run a half marathon May 20th before I got the positive pregnancy test.  I didn't sign up because of course was waiting to see what happened and if we were able to get pregnant before training would start.  Of course we succeeded so I'm putting the half marathon on the back burner. I would be about 21 weeks or so and while tons of pregnant women run half marathons,  training would have to be starting right about now and I'm just not sure I want to put my body through that right now, along with pregnancy AND working tons of hours (tax season). My doctor is all for staying fit during pregnancy but I don't know about a half marathon! Even though I have done 4 in the past. Oh well. Not doing it anyways.

I am, however, setting a goal of being able to run the Big House Big Heart run on April 15th ( will be just over 17 weeks). I have the day off work and I did the race last year.  The finish line is on the 50 yard line at the Big House!  They have a 5k and a 10k and I would love to run the 10k. This means I need to train because I don't remember the last time I ran 6 miles on my own! My "longish" runs lately have only been 5 miles and I am sure that I would be able to run a 10k no problem even now but just so I can be prepared.

I will keep running until and if I have any complications or whatever. It helps keep me sane! I hate reading msicarraige stories on BabyCenter.com, but it does help me face the fact that yes, it could happen and yes, it would be sooo heartbreaking. So many stories of "there was a heartbeat at 8 weeks but my 10 week u/s had no heartbeat" etc. Praying so hard this doesn't happen to us.  I've been feeling a lot of growing/stretching/cramping in my uterus area so I hope this is a good sign.  Also today, I had some nausea stick around the entire afternoon. SO, good things are happening. Some symptoms are developing. I just want everything to be ok! I have no spotting, no severe cramping. Everything is going to be ok right? Right. Positive thinking. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment