We had our first appointment today with the doctor! YAY!
We got there right at 8:30 and got in right away. The nurse took my blood pressure and I had to pee in a cup to test my proteins and sugars. I came back and got in the fun outfit they give you at the OB. Ryan was there of course. Then the doctor came in and did a PAP and pelvic exam. Then, came the ultrasound. OMG what an awesome experience! Before he turned the u/s machine around so I could see, only him and Ryan could see the screen and he asked "How many babies do you see in there?" It freaked Ryan out a bit! But there really is only ONE baby. After worrying about having not many symptoms lately I really was worried that there was no baby. Sure enough the million tests I took at home were all right! I really am pregnant!
The doc said I'm 8 weeks 3 days (2 days further than I thought) but put my due date at October 4. Two days before my birthday!! Tonight it hit me that my mom was pregnant at this time with me since I was born October 6. This made me cry for a moment, because I miss her and think of her every day. But I can't help but think her and the Heavens had something to do with this! Such a good sign! Thanks, Mom!
Checking the heartbeat:
Baby H had a nice healthy heartbeat at 176 bpm. A few people have predicted that they think it's a girl's heartbeat. We will only know in May when we have "the big" ultrasound! Either way Ryan and I are elated!!
Only 4 more weeks til my next appointment (March 19) and I'll be 12 weeks or so. After that I think it might be safe to break the news to work. Theoretically we could even wait until May when I finally go back to the office, and that's also when we will find out the gender. It would be perfect timing. But I dunno if we could wait that long!
I hadn't had many symptoms but today I will say I've felt pretty nauseas and exhausted the whole day. I'm not sure if its the McDonald's egg mcmuffin and hash brown I ate, but I started feeling nauseas after that for the rest of the day! I have today off, and its a beautiful 40 degrees with sun. How much would I LOVE to fit in a run out there today?? Although I would love a day off too because I did have two good workouts the past two days. Running Saturday and Spinning Sunday. Legs need a rest I think. :( Plus, I need to rest. I'm feeling like crap!


Congrats!! So so happy for you! I love your timeline on the side too. :) (nikkithekid)
ReplyDelete