Monday, February 13, 2012

7 weeks

According to my calculations I reached 7 weeks yesterday so this makes me 7 weeks and 1 day.

This weekend we told his side of the family. They were all thrilled! We gave his mom a card that had a picture of a baby hand on the front and it said "Coming soon" then on the inside, said "to a tummy close to you" and we put the due date. Her first reaction was "what does this mean? oooh a baby??" LOL. It was funny.  Then she showed that to my brother in law, Jason who was happy for us.  We then went over to the Elsea's (his "other parents") and told them and their daughter Katie. Then, we told his group of best friends from Ohio on Sunday at dinner.  My good friend Jenna knew about us going to the RE and asked how that process was going. I had to make up something quick because I knew Ryan wanted to tell them at a special time at dinner.  When we finally told them they were shocked!  This is a little more people than I would have liked to tell at this point.  However they are Ryan's good friends (That we don't work with) and I understood why.  I just really don't want work to find out until around March or April. 

Symptoms
I feel basically the same as last week! Not too many symptoms.  Minor cramping and breast tenderness. Still not that tired.  Although, I'm STARVING! I had this problem last week, but by Thursday or so I stuffed myself up with too much food through the week and have felt bloated ever since. However today was totally different. I just could NOT stay full. It's so unlike me to eat like this...trying to eat healthy proteins, etc but its hard because I don't know what I want, and can't exactly cook a meal every few hours.  So, I dunno how to handle this.  It's after 9pm and could easily eat a small meal right now. UGH!

Anyway that is the only major symptom I'm having.  Should I be worried I haven't felt nauseas?! I did have it a few times last week for very briefly.  In fact I thought it was starting for good on Thursday but haven't had any since. I have and still do worry a little bit but it's hard not to when I usually read about people having a lot of nausea in the first tri. I guess so far I've been one of the lucky ones. I keep waiting for it to hit though.  I still have about a month left in this trimester!

Appointments
The appointment with the nurse was Friday and we just went over questions and answers from mine and Ryan's medical histories. I also had blood drawn and a urine test.

My first appointment with the doc is February 20 and from what I understand will include an exam and hopefully an ultrasound! I got a little home doppler from Jenna that I might be able to hear the baby's heartbeat in a few weeks with.  I can't wait! I also have February 20th off from work so I can relax a bit when we get home from the doctor. 

No comments:

Post a Comment