Saturday, December 10, 2011

Spinning Certification!

Today was a very inspiring day, even though 9 hours of it was spent at the gym! I was taking a spinning certification class. It was very motivating, informational, and exciting! There were 20 people in the class and it was a ton of money but ended up being so worth it! The first two hours were spent in the spinning studio (omg the room was FREEZING!) and we were not even on the bikes, just standing and listening, or sitting on our bike and listening to the instructor which made it that much colder. We had some interaction with the other students with setting each other up on the bikes and making sure alignment was good. Then, there was a short workout on the bike before we went to lunch.

After lunch, we talked about heart rate monitoring (my heart rate monitor was on my Garmin which was dying so I didn't have one).  We also discussed the different types of class setups you can have, being a coach and mentor, and discussed how music is used in class. Finally the class ended with an hour workout on the bike, that kicked my ass!!

Several of the ladies there were also runners, and about my age so it worked out well! One of the students was already an instructor there and thought I had my certification already! Nope, I just come to spin class ALL THE TIME! It's such a great cross-training to running. And when I become pregnant it will probably be safer than running anyways. I mean, I hope I don't have to give up running but it is good to know that there is something else that is satisfying, besides just walking or doing other low intensity workouts (which do not satisfy my exercise addiction). With my OB/GYN's permission of course!

I now have to take the certification test which will be online.  The instructor said it would take time to process our information, at which point we will get a login to the Spinning website and then be able to take our test. I am nervous about my natural shyness in front of others but I think I can get past that, I hope! I would like to be able to teach right away but not sure if that will be possible with tax season upon us. Which means I will be working a ton of hours already, so I ask myself do I have time to setup classes and everything that comes along with it? It really would just be exercising, but extra time comes in when trying to setup classes correctly. Hmmm..

1 comment:

  1. Hi Nicole! Found your blog thru runnersworld forums... I had a lot of trouble getting preg as well, took over a year, and I can so relate to your posts... the hope everytime the temp rises, and the crazy disappointment when af comes. Thanks for being so honest and sharing your struggle. I'll be thinking of you on this journey, feel free to be in touch if it would be helpful to hear another's experience. Also- congrats on the spinning cert! That's something I've been considering doing also...

    ReplyDelete