Here are the rules:
- Thank the person who gave you the award
- List 7 things people may not know about you
- Pass it on to 5 other bloggers and don't forget to notify them
Extending a thank you Lindsay, from her blog The Walk. I encourage you to check out her blog. She has suffered infertility for almost 4 years and also has endometriosis (like me!) She could use your support and prayers as she undergoes fertility treatment after fertility treatment. She is more determined than ever to get her miracle! I met her through Babycenter.com and love reading her blog!
7 things people do not know about me:
1. I have a sister 3 years younger than me and her name is Tina. We did not grow up the best of friends, in fact we have completely opposite personalities. But I love her. She is the bossy, fashionable type where I am more down to earth and just go with the flow of things. I am also the quiet/shy one where she is definitely NOT quiet. She lives an hour from me, and is always busy so we hardly get to see each other except for holidays. Here is a picture of her and I from my wedding.
2. I have my MBA with a concentration in accounting and wish I could do something with it. I have worked at my current employer for the past 5 years so I don't have experience in anything else other than answering the phone and talking to tax and accounting firms to help them with their software. Software support is not an easy job. Despite my many job applications outside and inside the company, I still seem to be stuck doing the same position.
3. My mom passed away January 11, 2008. This also happened to be the day her dad passed away in an earlier year! This day and her birthday (October 16) are always rough days for me to get through. While I remember the happy times, when I do think of that night when my sister and I were with her in Myrtle Beach I get very sad. Ryan and I still visit my stepdad's place (which was designed by my mother) just about every year. It is bittersweet because he now has a girlfriend, and although I am happy that he is happy, I have to be honest when I say..I do not like this woman!! But that is a whole other story. Below is a picture of my mom, myself and Ryan from August 2006.
4. I almost always fall asleep watching movies. Especially if it's at night time but it has happened during the day too. It even happened when Ryan and I went to the movie theater 2 weeks ago to see Sherlock Holmes 2. It helps if I really want to see the movie, then I might not be as likely to fall asleep. I did find the movie interesting but at the beginning it was hard to stay awake.
5. I am following my OBGYNs wife's blog. I found it when I was searching for his name and laparoscopic surgeries and excisions before I had my surgery. The first or second article was his wife's blog and I have not told my doctor I am following it because I haven't had the chance to, but I do not know how to bring it up without sounding like a crazy stalker! It was so weird to come across it. I found that he has 7 kids and his wife is gorgeous. The 7 kids are all from her, none adopted. They are all about huge families and are very religious. 1/1/2012 found out they are pregnant with #8. Really?!?!
6. I am horrible at decision making, and so is Ryan. When deciding what to eat or what to do for the day, it takes forever for us to decide because we both are such easy going people.
7. I want to run another marathon! Even though I have said after my last one that I was done with marathons, I have the itch again! But since it takes so much time and energy I figure its best not to train while TTC. I ran a half this past spring and I was nervous about that effecting TTC. Plus if I get pg while training, the race itself will be miserable, right?!
Other great blogs you might be interested in reading:
http://sprintingbarefootupthemountain.blogspot.com/ This is Misty who I met through BBC. She has had a rough battle of infertility so far. She could use any positive vibes, thoughts and prayers you have!
http://nowakloveshack.blogspot.com/ This is Erin who I met through BBC. She suffered infertility for 1.5 years and was about to do an IUI when she conceived. She just had her little girl earlier this month!
http://junebugoflove.blogspot.com/2011/11/giving-thanks.html This is Jenny who I also met through BBC. She has had a rough battle of infertility and multiple miscarriages (15 to be exact) over the years. She is a great person and could use any thoughts and prayers sent her way!
http://waitingformyhappilyeverafter.blogspot.com/2011/12/its-been-long-timeand-some-news.html This is Vanessa who I met through BBC and has struggled with infertility and multiple miscarriages for several years. She is now pregnant again and could use any support and prayers you have to make this a sticky bean!!
http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/babycarly This is one of my good friends Leslie who has a daughter that was diagnosed with a rare form cancer at 10 months old and is now a survivor and in the NED stage (no evidence of disease). This little girl had a tumor that required her to have a hysterectomy. Please pray that she stays at NED!!
No comments:
Post a Comment