Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Doctor Appointment Today

This morning started out with a great 5 mile run, it was lightly sprinkling but it felt amazing! I love the fall so much. Then took Abby for a half mile run.  This was before heading for my doctor's appointment this morning...

So yes...I had a doctor's appointment, mainly for my bad AF cramping.  That was to be the original topic of discussion but the doctor first brought up our TTC efforts which I wanted to discuss as well.  We talked about the HSG results, the progesterone supplements I am on, and my cycles, etc. After some discussion it was determined that we should go to a Fertility Specialist at St Joe's hospital.  However then I brought up the topic of my cramping.  I tried going into detail and I ended up crying, I could not help it as it just came out because I thought of how much pain I really am in each month. I am literally doubled over in pain, and progesterone supplements just make everything worse! Especially last cycle...I told him I think I have Endometriosis since I've done the research and I know the only way to diagnose is through surgery.

So he did a recto-vaginal exam (that was so weird!!) and determined my cervix is just a little off from where it normally should be for most women. So, down the line maybe IUI will be our best bet for conception? Something to think about later. He also said this is the cause of my bleeding after BDing.  Then he felt some small nodules by my ovaries that he thinks could be Endometriosis, so I might be right in my self-diagnosis! However since the only way to diagnose this is through laproscopic surgery I have to wait and have the appointment scheduled sometime in the near future. SOOO yay! Getting answers!

After the appointment I headed to work my 9 hours, it would have been 10 hours but I got to work a little late due to the appointment.

No comments:

Post a Comment