Saturday, September 17, 2011

Applefest Race Saturday

Ran the 10k race this morning, in a time of 53:29 in Fenton, MI.  My old stomping grounds.  Probably one of my fastest 10k times. It was freezing! (well, 50 degrees and no sun) I brought multiple shirts with me, I just wasn't sure what I would want to wear. I ended up wearing an Under-Armour long-sleeve shirt and capri's. At first I wished I had brought gloves but ended up not needing them. Ran past Dad's house twice, once we went down South Long Lake road, and the second time we came to the road that is perpendicular to his house.

I had intended to visit Dad this morning after the race. I texted him last weekend and told him about the race, and that I would be up that way. He said to be sure to stop on by. But today he tells me he is up north getting the jet ski out of the water. DAD!! GRR!  I hate how my family can be so unreliable sometimes. OK most of the time. It may be small but both Tina (my sister) and Dad have backed out of plans to visit with just me or me and Ryan, so.. all I can say is thank God I do have reliable family on Ryan's side. So I just went home after I got my Panera Hazelnut coffee (yum).  I did text Lisa Summers to see if she was working at Walmart but she wasn't working today. She got pregnant without trying and is due in January. Awesome. Glad I didn't get to see her anyways, it might have made me cry because that's exactly where I want to be. Oh well, our time is coming right?

So one reason I wanted to see Dad was to console him and visit after I found out what had happened with him and Kathy..the evil stepmother. Turns out she stole a bunch of his money from checking and savings and ripped off the house up north, and tried ripping off the house in Fenton as well but he was able to stop her. She is such a bitch. She is mad at me because I never attended her stupid nursing graduation. I can't remember why, but we were either out of town or working.  Therefore, she figured she wouldn't help out with the bridal shower like she promised, or show up to the wedding. A year after the wedding, I was finally coming to a point where I can forgive her but won't forget, and was willing to talk to her again.  But this talk never happened, and now she goes and does this to my dad. I just can't believe it. Yeah, ok maybe dad was cheating on her, which is not good on his part, either. But this doesn't give her permission to go all psycho on him and steal a bunch of $. Well Dad has since filed for divorce and she was served so he is confident he'll get his money back.

The rest of this day includes watching college football. Looks like MI is going to win this one. Woohoo! Makes it 3-0 now. Tomorrow I may go to spin class, then Ryan is playing in a "corn-hole" tournament for charity.

I also signed up for the Big House Big Heart race on Oct 9! This will also be a 10k!! yay :)

No comments:

Post a Comment