Monday, August 15, 2016

Follow up appointment with my RE.

I recently had an SHG and blood work done by my doctor.  Bottom line is she doesn't think we will have IVF success. I am still possibly going to be getting a 2nd opinion from one of the 2 other doctors we have spoken to, but I feel like she knows her stuff.  My numbers were: FSH 16.4, LH 10.4, E2 65 and AMH .5 ... For being 33, almost 34 those are not very promising numbers.

My SHG showed that fluid eventually got through the tube into the uterus. She was hoping none would get through because it would be less likely for the embryo to miscarry or not implant correctly. There was something else in my uterus, not a baby, of course. But most likely either blood or fluid from the tube flowing into it which also decreases chances of success.

She mentioned she could insert an Essure birth control device in my tube which is like a coil that will protect anything from flowing out or into the uterus. But there's lawsuits and a lot of people that have had issues with this. I don't know if risking my health is worth it.

She asked if anyone we knew would be a surrogate. Uhh. That has been the last thing on our minds. It just wasn't the kind of question I was expecting. :(


I had just purchased a bunch of vitamins to take to improve my egg quality for preparation for IVF. I was also in the process of wrapping my head around the process, the medications, the loans that would need to be taken out. Who to contact and when to contact them.

Again there are two doctors in the Ann Arbor area that I've met with before, but saw them before we decided that we wanted to do IVF. When we saw them we were in denial about it and looking for someone to say that we could try IUI or natural. Anything to avoid the huge jump to IVF.  After all the testing that this doctor was willing to do, and has done, now we know that no, IVF would be our only option and we were just getting to HAVE to be ok with that.  I don't know if the doctors would agree with my doctor or if they would have other ideas. I have a feeling we are SOL and just 1 and done. It's probably at least worth the question but I just don't know.


We are so so thankful for our little man and we never take him for granted. We know that it can be worse and we are so blessed.  On the other side of things we're broke and we honestly cannot afford IVF but we were trying to figure out a way - any way that it can be done! Well, until we talk to another dr we might be done.

Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, selfie and closeup

No comments:

Post a Comment