Last month was another fail, and this time the pain of cramps started the day before Aunt Flo showed. Not horrible, I'm going to die cramps but they were very noticeable. I stopped taking my progesterone early at 10dpo because I had a 10k planned for that Sunday, and would rather not have been out there running when I didn't feel good. So I did get AF on Saturday as planned. I spent that Saturday mostly on the couch. The cramps were bad. But I still was able to do a little cleaning and moving around. So they did not debilitate me like they would have pre-Joshua. I still felt like crap though.
Today is CD5 and though the cramps have gone away for a couple days, they are a little more apparent today but not a lot. I still am wearing a heating pad because it feels good and I'm cold. Today I have also been having this weird discomfort or pain when I try to go to the bathroom. Specifically #2. So I'm not sure if that is endo rearing it's ugly head too. It was definitely worse on CDs 1 and 2. But the cramps are definitely back, when they were not there for the first 8 cycles of TTC.
I made an appointment with my OB for December 22 (Merry Christmas) to talk about the cramps and see if another surgery is feasible? I'm not sure what he will say or recommend. Already nervous that he will think I'm crazy and do the exam that he did last time (vaginal/rectal) that gave him the thought that I had endo due to the nodules he was able to feel. Maybe I have nodules again, maybe not. But the only REAL way to see if I have endo is the surgery which.. I am all for another surgery. I just don't know when the best time will be. January-April are Ryan's busy season times. I signed up for a half marathon March 29th, but the last time I had this surgery I recovered fairly quickly so if I do have it in the winter, hopefully I am back to normal quick.
We could also wait until we have TTC'd for the full year. This would put surgery in April of 2015. I'm ok with that too! I just wonder if my OB can determine anything by doing one of those exams again. Hoping I don't have to ask for one and he will just KNOW to do one. Who wants to ASK for a pelvic/rectal exam? Really. Although my doc is good about making me feel comfortable and doesn't make me feel dumb for asking questions. I know I've made one pointless appointment in the past. Ended up costing an arm and a leg because he had to do an u/s to see if I had cysts again. Of course there were none. woops.. I hate my uterus, although it did give me Joshua..
Anyway, all of my research and everyone I speak to that has or had endo says theirs came back fast, and did end up having a second (or third) surgery to remove it. This would make sense in conjunction with what that RE said too, that it could come back within 6 months.. But I don't want to do IVF for fear of insurance (or lack of) coverage.
On the running front:

Sunday was the Chocolate 10K run that I signed up for, way back in the winter. I also wanted to get the grand slam medal that they promised to all of us that ran in the St Patrick's Day race in March, the Kona run in the Summertime, the Halloween 10k and the Chocolate 10k. Don't think I will go this race crazy next year because it costed a lot of $$. In total I have done 19 events, one being just the Color Run but that's 19 events that I participated in for 2014. Though technically my 19th one is December 13th which is just a Holiday 5k.
I have races that I love running every year, and races that I wanted to run for the first time. I managed to do everything this year and it's just too much. I feel bad that I was away from my hubby and son all those mornings! But I did get my Half Fanatic status, and the Grand Slam medal all in one year. And my total miles are up to 1086 as of November 19th. Perhaps I can get to 1200 by December 31?? Mainly because I like even numbers! haha..
My brother in law asked if I would ever do a half ironman. HECK YES! I want to do one so badly! He has already done a full ironman. The half ironman is on the west side of Michigan and would be perfect. Only problem, obviously is that we are still TTC so its probably not a great idea. Hubby said "pop out another baby and we can think about it". lol. you mean IF I pop out another baby :(
I have also considered running another full marathon. Again though, not a great idea since we are TTC. I have went as far as looking up marathon websites, etc. But alas, the answer is no. I will stick to the half distance and under for now, I suppose. Since that is what my body is used to!
No comments:
Post a Comment