The first two days after the half marathon I was extremely sore, which was to be expected. I always think I stretch well enough, well apparently I don't! By Wednesday my legs were feeling alright. It was also National Running Day. However my body wasn't feeling the best. I still had the feeling that my body was run over by a bus, like I did the week before. I don't think I had a fever.
I managed to run 2miles myself, then took the dogs out so did 3 miles total. I don't think running or not running would have made me feel any better. The weather was nice and cool and sunny. Perfect conditions.
However...the day rolled on and by 10am I had a fever. I felt like death. On Tuesday afternoon I also had severe groin pain and I wasn't sure why. But it wasn't there Wednesday.
I went to the doctor Wednesday afternoon and already told work I could not work the rest of the day. The nurse/doctor didn't know what was wrong with me. Story of my life! I had my white blood cell count and sed rate tested. Had an appointment the next day for an ultrasound of my abdomen. I got a call at 9:15pm from my doctor that my white count was 24, and my sed rate was also elevated. Normal white count is under 10. So yeah, I wasn't well... He said I should go to the ER if my abdomen pain got worse.
I was laying there on Thursday morning in pain, and I'm thinking its appendicitis based on some pictures online. I told Ryan I need to go to the ER now... So we did. I got there and had an ultrasound and ct-scan. They found abcesses in my abdomen which the u/s showed was "just" cysts. I'm on birth control so the OB's didn't think I should have cysts. Once again, just like in the summer, I had all the doctors stumped. They knew I had some infection but didn't know how it got there. Is it from my colon again? Did a cyst burst? Is it endometriosis?
So we were in the ER until 10pm. They didn't know if I should go to the OB or the surgery floor. They really did not want to do surgery on me again. I finally got into my room on the 11th floor or the general medicine floor. Which was composed of a lot of old people...
I got to see my OB on Saturday! I like my OB.. He talked to us about my condition and what he thought the problem might be. But I was still having that pain in my abdomen. It was sharp, basically to the groin area and very painful. What is it??? Then not long after he left, I had developed a fever of 102.7! Quickly they drew more labs to see if I had some infection in my bloodstream. Which I did not. I also had to have another ct-scan and they also threw in the gastrograph in enema to see if the hole had re-opened in my bowel. IT DID NOT. Thank the Lord!
But where was this pain coming from? No one knew. Looking back now I think it was a ruptured cyst. Just based on the info I found online, but they did not have any proof in any of the images they did. They just decided to treat with antibiotics until I felt better. I was able to go home Wednesday 6/12,.
Still on antibiotics, 1 once a day and one three times a day. I am supposed to have a follow up with my OB for another u/s on July 3. It was supposed to be after I finished my antibiotics but of course we are going to be on vacation that week, so hopefully this isn't too late to have the u/s done.
So tack on another week to my hospital stays. I went running Thursday morning and this morning. It was rough this morning. I probably shouldn't have gone as far. I did a little over 5 miles, which may have been too much. I just felt super slow and tight and blah! Attempting spin class tomorrow...hope it goes alright.
No comments:
Post a Comment