Apparently, at my most recent appointment (6/12) they found glucose in my urine, so I was close to be due for getting my glucose test done anyways (the dr says anywhere between 24-26 weeks). I figure I may as well get tested early just in case I have gestational diabetes. I also finally had my thyroid test done, where I got both TSH and Free t4 levels tested. This probably should have been done earlier but for whatever reason, the dr and I both forgot about it and I figured I would get it tested after the next appointment. I just have subclinical hypothyroidism, so it is not AS serious as full blown hypo or hyperthyroidism. Anyways I just found out today everything came back NORMAL! I was worried the glucose test wouldn't be because I read about how even the fittest person can still fail this test but thankfully I passed :)
The glucose test was interesting. I had the fruit punch flavored glucola to drink within a 10 minute time frame, then waited at the blood draw place for an hour, then they drew my blood after the hour was up. It tasted like flat red pop, but sweeter. YUM! Not!! lol. Thankfully I do not have to go through the three hour test!
Today at work I thought I was going to have to go to the ER or something. I was just sitting there and suddenly my right boob started hurting pretty bad. I just thought it was normal pregnancy soreness, you know whatever right? I get up to go to the bathroom and that is when my entire upper back, arms, shoulders and chest started cramping up like crazy! I didn't go numb or anything but have never felt any pain like this before. It lasted a few minutes, and meanwhile was trying some stretches to try to ease the severe pain in my back and chest. Well, it eased up a little but not completely. I was struggling to breathe. It even hurt to move. It was like a huge upper body cramp or it was probably just muscle soreness. I even tried drinking water. I had no idea what was happening! Well after it eased up, it did come back a little everytime I got up to walk. As if my body was happier sitting down. I started getting the pains around 5pm and they felt better by about 8, but not completely. I still feel a little pain in my chest area. :( My friend at work said the baby probably hit a nerve or something, and that is what caused the severe pain. I have no idea. But I hope I never experience that again!
I thought I should call the doctor, but what could they really tell me? Especially now, that the pain has eased up a lot. I dunno maybe this is my problem of hating calling the doctor if it really does seem like it's not a big deal. I was told to call for cramping if I have it for more than an hour if drinking water or laying down doesn't help. I also know I should call if I'm bleeding or whatever. But what could they really tell me about this? Maybe it's also fear of having to go to the ER or something!
I'm glad everything came back normal! What a relief that always is!
ReplyDeleteHow scary about the sudden all over pain/cramp. I would probably bring it up at your next appointment or if it happens again just to see if your doctor can give you some insight, but I bet it was just baby hitting a nerve!