Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers out there. I think you are a mother if you have furbabies, have angel(s) in Heaven, have done all you can to try to get pregnant and of course if you are lucky enough to have little ones to snuggle with at home.  I know that Mother's Day is rough for some, especially if TTC and know my heart goes out to all of you!

I am missing my mom so much today. I woke up at 6am and could not get back to sleep.  So I posted to Facebook that I miss her and she would be so happy to know that she is getting her first grandchild. As soon as I hit "post" I was crying, and I couldn't stop. Wahhhh. I just wish she was here to talk to about all of this being pregnant stuff. Even though she did joke once that I will never have children, that I do not have the patience for them. (Thanks mom!) What did or didn't she experience that I am experiencing? What should I expect?  Are there any similarities? And most importantly getting to meet her grandchild. I do know that I was originally due on October 31 but was born October 6. My due date is October 4. Some sort of sign?? Am I going to deliver 3 weeks early or even just "early" at all? Maybe.

Today I ran in a 5k race at St. Joseph's Hospital, it is the same hospital that Dr. Mouro did my surgery in October, and the same hospital I will be delivering at!  I thought I was done crying (from previous paragraph) but on the way to the race all I heard were slow, pretty country songs that made me think of Mom. So I started to cry again. I immediately changed the channel from THAT! 

I ran the 5k in a time of 29:26! Only a few minutes off from my pre-preggo times of 25-26 minutes! Can't complain, and I felt great! I talked to another lady there that was about 33 weeks pregnant and she looked amazing! She finished about a minute ahead of me.

I then went to Target (got a body pillow and some bigger workout tank tops), then Old Navy (2 cute summer dresses that hopefully work with a preggo belly). 

Ryan got me a dozen pink roses and we went for Chinese for dinner. We also went to Outback yesterday for his mom's birthday and Mother's Day both. 

Ok I know I said my next post would be revealing the gender, but what I really ment was the NEXT post :) OK going to take the doggies on a walk now. Can't wait to update again after tomorrow!!

1 comment:

  1. Wow- I feel like I just wrote the same post on my blog on Mothers Day. My mom passed away when I was 17 and I miss her now more than ever now that I am pregnant. I wonder the same things that you do about her pregnancy and wish I could ask her all of those things. Also, I was born on October 1st and my baby is due September 26th. So many similarities!!

    Hang in there Nicole, I know how you feel! I think we'll be even better mommies because we know what it's like to lose them.

    ReplyDelete