Monday, April 23, 2012

Still feeling fat, not pregnant :(

I cannot believe we still have 3 more weeks until the big ultrasound. Seems like everyone else is finding out the gender so much sooner! At least with May 14, we will have a better view of the baby.  At the ultrasound I will either be 19 weeks 4 days or 20 weeks 3 days. They say the due date might change during the ultrasound based on the baby's development, but I read something that says to just keep the original due date. I am not opposed to an October baby, obviously.  However to me it just makes sense to base it off when I O'd! Oh well. Baby will come when baby wants, I guess :)  I did change my babycenter app on my iPhone to the lower weeks/days so I dont get as confused. I wonder if I should change my babycenter.com ticker too?

I still am not really showing yet. I know for some women this might not even happen until 20 weeks. But I AM starting to (or have been is more like it) feeling very self concsious about my body. I am not a fan of this gaining weight / bloated feeling especially since I am very much into working out/fitness (not that I'm buff or anything)! I am just so used to feeling slim and able to control my weight. But now, when people tell me it looks like I'm showing or starting to show, it's like well...maybe I am?  But I also am eating more than ever, even if I am still working out regularly. I know they say to not worry about weight during pregnancy, but I am. Sorry I just don't want to gain a ton of weight.  However, I do eat when Im hungry. I guess I just can't control how my body is going to handle it. ugh!

Then I get people that tell me I'm not showing yet. This is more offensive I think, because then I'm thinking "so what does this mean I looked this big before? Because um. I feel like a fatty! Did you not really notice?" Either way, I am overanalyzing and sensitive about everything!! (side note- cried this morning while looking at wedding pictures! Not just cried, but BAWLED! the trigger was of Ryan and his mom dancing at the reception of all things!! ahhh)

For being 5'4 I started out at 130 and now am at 137 according to my home scale.  However according to the doctor's scale it doesn't seem like I have gained that much. Doctor has me down for starting aroudn 134 ( I think - will need to check ) and my last appointment showed 138. So I think our home scale must be jacked! Plus, at the doctor's I am clothed. At home I am not. WTF?!

2 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about feeling fat and not pregnant. I'm 17 weeks 5 days and my bump is weird. Sometimes I feel like I look pregnant and some days I don't. People keep telling me it's still early for a first time mom to be showing so I think it's coming soon for us. We have a lot in common though! I'm almost your height (5'5"), started at 130 and have gained 7 pounds. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yay! That does make me feel a LOT better! I will admit though you look so much better in your pics than I do :) Oh well, I'm just trying to take it as it comes :)

      Delete