Saturday, March 31, 2012

Had a small scare..

This morning I ran my planned 6 mile run. I felt great, amazing...took the dogs each on a half mile at the end (so technically it was 5 + .5 each for the 2 dogs!) Of course it was a slower pace than I was running just months ago. But that's ok. I have become good at listening to my body and know when to slow down, etc.

I did have a slight uterine cramp when I was stretching my legs after the run, but thought that was the usual round ligament pain I've been experiencing. WELL I go to use the restroom and find couple places of very light spotting. Normally if I do have spotting - not very often - it is light brown, but this had some red/pink color to it.  I literally laid on the couch all day, watching movies and worrying. Google and babycenter said I should call the doc, since any amount of spotting is a concern.

But I knew I didn't want to go to ER since it is a Saturday and my doc's office is closed (it wasn't that much of an emergency and the ER is just such a hassle)! I had a suggestion from a babycenter lady that my Doc's office probably has a message service..sure enough they did! I had NO idea.  Dr Archer called me back in like 3 minutes or less.  She reassured my fear that the spotting is likely nothing to worry about, it could be any number of things such as the location of the placenta, etc. Its not like I had any major cramps or anything. But the fact that I had it after running, and it had more color to it than brown, was concerning (to me). She said that I should probably go in sometime this week if it happens again just to get checked out.

My next planned run is on Monday, so I'll take it easy tomorrow since I have to work anyway.  Praying I don't have another scare after Monday's run.

2 comments:

  1. How scary! I'm glad it doesn't seem to be anything serious! Hopefully it doesn't happen again.

    And hey if you have plenty of leftover Prometrium and you don't want them to go to waste I'll gladly take them off your hands! I'll cover shipping and anything else! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha I wasn't sure if anyone would want them! Sure I will send them to you just email me your address or send it through BBC. They are 200 mg little yellow pills. I insert them every night before bed so I'm definately laying down for at least 30 minutes after. I admit it makes me nervous to stop them, after all I have been taking them since January! But it is supposed to be safe and I might even take one or two more for tonight and tomorrow. But a few girls from BBC have told me that they would have been ok with stopping them at like 10 or 12 weeks, so I'm probably ok. I'm just a worrier can you tell :)

      Delete