So this has been copied and pasted because I already typed it once, and edited in some places as well.
The RE appt went great. I like him! He definately said Ryan has the easy way out and commended him on his super duper sperm. So I got to sit and watch him get rewarded, then he said its me who is the problem (duh). Sounds like him and my OB are buddies, which is kinda funny. I think they were just talking over the phone before he met with us. He calls him Cam (his name is Cameron). And will be reporting everything back to him as we progress. It is good to know my OB will be in the loop. The appt was over quicker than I thought it would be though. He talks a little fast.
He said he is worried about my AMH which I have to get tested, probably tomorrow since I didn't have time this morning. AMH is basically how my follicles and eggs develop. This can go down especially since I have endometriosis AND a thyroid issue, which often go hand in hand with each other.
He thinks it is possible that even though its only been a few months, my endo adhesions may have grown back already yet he sees no reason to have another lap or any other surgeries in the near future. The way its supposed to work is the uterus releases a follicle and although it should be to one side, sometimes with endo they dont know what happens with it, therefore not sure where the hell my eggs are going. Some sprial to the other ovary, some dont make it. Basically I have one working side he thinks, which is my right side since my left was covered with endo from the surgery. Hope I explained that right!
Nothing is sent to insurance as INFERTILITY (For me anyways)..even he said they hate the I word. It's sent as Endometriosis since that is my diagnosis and essentially the only reason I am not getting pregnant. Which is awesome.
Plan is to start by calling the office when my period gets here and schedule an ultrasound on day 12 or 13 of my cycle. I wonder though if it should be even earlier since I o on day 11 sometimes. I will call them when AF gets here and schedule that for say, day 10 or even 11.
Also, get amh tested. I was surprised he did not want any more blood tests. He said everything is fine.. I asked if I should redo my thyroid and cd 3 bloodwork and he said no. I guess I just trust him when he says that everything else is ok.
Exercise is fine too (THANK GOD!) I told him I don't work out exessively (at least I dont think - it could be worse)..which Ryan piped in and said well you do work out a ton. LOL. well ok maybe i do. But the main thing is the dr said if it makes me happy, keep doing it..I explained I was afraid of messing up the sperm's and eggs paths or whatever.. He said nothing to worry about. He also said a cup of coffee in the mornings is perfectly fine, and not to tell Dr Mouro this (my OB) but that drinking a glass of wine on Saturday night is A-OK.
Oh and he gave me a special prescription for my cramps. I explained how bad they get. A medicine called Anaprox, which is supposed to be taken 1-2 days before my period gets here. The reason my cramps get so bad is because with endo, the enometrium lining sometimes has no where to go and can go towards my ovaries instead of straight down the vagina..causing the cramping.Oh and even if I don't know I am pregnant 2 days before AF, it is still safe to take. Its not like advil or motrin or even vicodin. Thank god!
Dr's orders from him is to try to get pregnant this cycle. :) Well, its 10 dpo and my temp did a dippity do this morning and I was not happy. My chart is so sad this month. My only hope is that it could be implantation. Doubt it though. So.. when AF comes, I am to call and setup the appointment for an ultrasound. And get my AMH blood test tomorrow. And that's about it for now.
If you are still here by the end of this long freaking post, thank you for reading :)
No comments:
Post a Comment