Welp, a semen analysis ordered and I'm getting all my thyroid levels tested. along with my AMH, again. Overall though, I was hoping to walk out with some sort of plan. As heard in the movie Along Came Polly, though, we are on the "non-plan plan", for now at least.
Bottom line: The RE didn't think there was much to do besides wait for Mother Nature and/or IVF. So basically we are unexplained right now. He did an ultrasound seeing how I just ovulated. He said "you probably ovulated while sitting in the waiting room" lol. This explains why my BBT didn't rise as much as I thought it should have for today. I thought I ovulated yesterday. Close enough. He saw a bit of endometriosis on my left ovary but didn't think it was worth operating on especially with my history. I still have a cyst or fluid built up over my right ovary. AMH is still a concern and he's testing that again along with all my thyroid levels - I used to be sub clinical hypothyroid before. Lately my ob has only tested my TSH level but now he's testing my t3, t4 and other antibodies. Says I'm still a good candidate for getting pregnant naturally. Doesn't see a need for fertility meds or IUI. IVF is our best option aside from keep trying naturally. Surgery should not be considered right now. So, appt was informative but not informative. Pretty much the same answer I've gotten from the other RE and my ob.
There's also a tiny chance if I get pregnant, of having a tubal pregnancy because of the way things are crunched together in there. Said my ovaries are attached to my uterus (I think) due to scar tissue most likely. If I get a bfp I need an u/s right away pretty much just to check to make sure it's in my uterus and not my tube.
He also said this is probably THE YEAR to get pregnant due to my AMH being low before it gets too low. And that we're still in the timeframe for most couples to conceive, its been under a year technically, but somehow that is also 12 cycles of trying because my cycles are less than 30-31 days. So more cycles than months. Frustrating. He said he understands the frustration, but right now sees no reason to do anything else at this point in time.
I was kind of thinking he might prescribe Clomid or some other medication, or do an IUI to give my ovaries a boost. But I think because there's nothing that can improve AMH, maybe he was thinking that wouldn't help. He just said my body is doing what it's supposed to. I dunno. Still kind of "stuck" after that appointment.
I keep thinking to myself, "Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming"
No comments:
Post a Comment