They finally arrived around noon on Saturday to take me down and sedated me while this was done. It was done with guidance from the CT-Scanner. They drained another 1/2 liter in addition to the liter they drained during my surgery. And now I have a mini drain hanging out of my belly. :(
I was in the hospital from then until Tuesday 8/21. During this time I also got a PICC line placed in my arm so I could get IV antibiotics through it.
Ryan and I were breifly taught how to do the antibiotics but its all so overwhelming!! I have to be on them for at least 3 weeks. On my belly I now have an ostemy bag, incision to take care of from surgery, and a drain site. :( I've done a LOT of crying and being depressed and I'm not done yet. This downright SUCKS. I know it could be way worse but that still doesn't help the fact that we still have to adjust to this for a while.
This is just some of the supplies. I still have antibiotics that are in the fridge that we have to worry about.

I feel like I'm...seriously old or something and need all this home care and it really makes me feel weird. Not really sure why me?? But anyways...they have a nurse coming out once a week just to change the dressing on the picc line..that HURTS!! The tape on this thing is like painted on the skin almost and peeling it off is torture.
Then in 2.5 weeks I have to have a repeat ct-scan to see how the antibiotics are working to remove any infections...at this time they will re-evaluate if I still need to be on the antibiotics. Which the one I'm on is Zosyn but has 2 parts to it.
Joshua should come home in a few weeks too. He's up to 4lbs 10oz! He is just learning to be able to eat and thats the last milestone he needs to meet before going home. I'm scared...I am feeling kinda normal for the most part but do still have pain meds to take when I need them. Also since everyone thinks I'll have PPD I also am on Prozac to try to help with that. I can understand why. There are days when I cant stop crying...I wonder why
New pics of Joshua..for your viewing pleasure! He's now 33 1/2 weeks.


I will have another surgery in 3-6 (hopefully sooner than later) months to reverse this colostemy.
I hope this is finally the end of my hospital visits. I am not sure how much more I can take!! Neither can Ryan, we are both so exhausted. We just want to be home and adjust to normal things that families face with a newborn. We still have to find a daycare and everything too. Ugh I hope I have enough time for it all before having to go back to work.
Hugs. You are one strong, strong mama.
ReplyDeleteThis must be awful for you! Hang in there!
ReplyDeleteOMG niki - I was thinking about you and wondering how you were doing and chased you down via Runners World, expecting you to be close to your due date...but goodness, what a traumatic time you've had! I'm so pleased that you were smart enough to get to the hospital asap and they could help you - and help bring joshua into the world (congratulations, he's beautiful!!), i'm glad he seems to be passing all the preemie milestones, but wow, what a painful whirlwind for you. i wish you, ryan and joshua all the best in the coming weeks as you hopefully get better, life quitens down, and you can become the little family unti you've been waiting for. Hang in there and this will eventually seem like a blur...best wishes!! ozzyoi
ReplyDelete